HP Launches ‘World’s Most Secure’ Large Format Printers for GIS Mapping
HP Inc. today introduced HP DesignJet T1700 printers, its next-generation 44-inch printers for CAD (computer assisted design) and geographic information system (GIS) applications, and which it says print highly accurate documents and maps with a new level of security.
According to HP, new features make the HP DesignJet T1700 the most secure large-format workgroup printer available today. The improved security is designed to help enterprises print CAD and GIS applications, while protecting printers and data from unauthorized or malicious access in infrastructure construction, urban planning as well as utilities industries such as oil, water, gas, and electricity.
According to Guayente Sanmartin, general manager and global head at HP Inc.’s Large Format Design Printing: “Security is a top concern in enterprises today as connected devices and increasingly open office spaces are pervasive. At the same time, data breaches are growing at an alarming pace. In the first half of 2017, the worldwide breach level index was up more than 160 percent. The HP DesignJet T1700 Printer Series includes unique advanced security technologies designed to keep corporate network printers, their documents and data protected.”
Features include a new self-encrypting hard drive, so that the hard drive can only be read by the printer itself, even if the hard drive is removed from the printer. For more device security, HP Secure Boot ensures BIOS protection, while Whitelisting – available in mid-2018 – only allows approved firmware to be installed and run on the printer.
HP notes that GIS files are constantly growing in size with the increase in their complexity and data. To smoothly process this information and improve the printing experience of GIS practitioners, the new 44-inch HP DesignJet T1700 printer offers a new, powerful processing architecture using a 500 GB hard disk.
As the first workgroup large-format printer to embed the Adobe PDF Print Engine, the printer can more efficiently handle very heavy files. As a result, PCs can be freed-up “in virtually no time.”
HP also says the HP DesignJet T1700 brings improved color quality and precision for more accurate maps and renderings. A new set of six HP Bright Office Inks with tuned colors profiles and a High Density Printhead are said to provide bold color and accurate image quality, in addition to more precise colors, including gray and soft tones.
HP Click printing software also included in this series can be used for printing project sets and PDF documents.
- November 2017: HP Previews PageWide XL 5100, 6000 for Faster Technical-Document Production Printing
- November 2017: Contex Promotion Offers HP PageWide XL Customers 40-Percent Off Pricing for Wide-Format Scanner
- September 2017: New HP Roam Mobile, Cloud Printing; Connection Inspector Security; A3 PageWide MFPs
- April 2017: HP Shipping A3 LaserJets, PageWides, as it Begins Bold Venture into A3 Copier Market
- November 2016: Why HP A3 PageWide Color Inkjet Printing for the Office?
- October 2016: HP Updates on Printing Group: Instant Ink up 20 Percent, PageWide Portfolio Gains Market Share, More
- April 2015: HP Previews New PageWide XL Wide-Format Color Inkjet Production Printers