EFI Showcases New Age of Digital Print, New Products, at 19th Annual EFI Connect Conference
Electronics For Imaging (EFI) is presenting its 19th annual EFI Connect conference January 23-26 in Las Vegas. The conference is said to be one of the printing industry’s largest, longest-running, and most influential users’ group conferences, providing attendees with the latest training and technology information to help them profit from the analog- to digital-printing transition in commercial and production printing.
Connect also features the debut of several new EFI products, including:
- EFI VUTEk HS125 Pro and HS100 Pro Fast-4 hybrid flatbed/roll inkjet press models that offer a range of fast four-color grayscale modes, with print speeds of up to 225 boards per hour, said to enable more cost-effective grayscale production of distance-viewed signage and graphics.
- The EFI VUTEk FabriVU 340i, a soft-signage printer that’s said to provide a lower cost of entry into high-growth soft-signage printing applications by offering fully integrated inline sublimation without compromising engine speed or quality.
- Version 6 of EFI’s Enterprise Commercial, Midmarket Print, Publication, Quick Print, Packaging and Corrugated Packaging Productivity Suites for advanced, end-to-end business and production MIS/ERP workflows.
- EFI MarketDirect, a next-generation cross-media customer-engagement platform that enables commercial-printing companies to provide management and loyalty programs, offers, newsletters, surveys, and other customer-communication programs.
- Escada software, EFI’s recently acquired, corrugated-process control product.
- EFI iQuote technology for enhanced estimating of versioned and variable-data digital print work.
- EFI Optitex 3D Design Illustrator, a plug-in tool for the fashion textile market segment that enables designers to validate and customize 3D garments in Adobe Illustrator.
According to EFI, many of the new opportunities for customers being discussed at Connect reflect continued digital industrial transformation. During his opening keynote speech at Connect, EFI CEO Guy Gecht commented: “The new print is all about putting spectacular images on essentially any material. With digital inkjet technology and automation, the new print brings immense opportunity in the era of the fourth industrial revolution.”
Production Opportunities with Advanced Inkjet
Fast, sustainable, and superior-quality wide- and super-wide-format inkjet imaging technologies are also prominent at Connect, including technologies customers can use to move into fast-growing soft-signage and industrial-package-printing applications. Printers on display at the show include the EFI VUTEk FabriVU 340 soft-signage fabric printer, the VUTEk 3r roll-to-roll LED printer; the EFI VUTEk GS3250lx Pro hybrid LED printer; and the new EFI Pro 24f dedicated flatbed LED printer.
EFI is also showcasing the EFI Nozomi C18000 ultra-high-speed, single-pass LED inkjet corrugated packaging press.
EFI’s partner Ricoh Americas is featuring EFI inkjet-printing technology as well, with the versatile, 65-inch wide EFI Pro 16h hybrid LED printer running in Ricoh’s booth at Connect.
Streamlined Digital Production Printing with EFI Fiery Technology
Several EFI partners, including Ricoh, Xerox, Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., and Riso, are showcasing print engines running EFI Fiery digital front ends (DFEs). The new, scalable Fiery FS300 Pro DFE platform used in several new print engines from EFI partners is said to handle high-speed sheet-fed and ultra-high-speed continuous-feed B1 production format, as well as new features for superior color, performance, usability, and integration.
EFI partners’ new Fiery-based DFEs include the new version 6 of Fiery Command WorkStation, said to be a highly advanced user interface with new preview, search, and reprint functions that can serve as the single point of control for multiple Fiery Driven production-printing systems.
EFI is also demonstrating upcoming Fiery products, including: Fiery Command WorkStation for wide- and super-wide-format inkjet and Fiery Navigator dashboard analytics for wide- and super-wide-format inkjet.
Other partners participating in Connect’s solutions center include: 3M Commercial Solutions; Aberdeen Fabrics; Duplo; Enfocus; Esko; Kodak; Motioncutter; OneVision; The Print and Graphics Scholarship Foundation; Print ReLeaf; Progress Software Corp.; SpencerMetrics; X-Rite Pantone; Xeikon; and Zünd.
EFI says that Connect’s conference program features more than 200 sessions covering technical, business-management, marketing, and more for commercial print, signage and graphics, packaging and in-plant production executives from 23 countries.
Special keynotes at this year’s conference include discussions with the first two users of EFI’s Nozomi press: Eric Bacourt, CEO of Hinojosa Packaging Solutions, and Mal McGowan, CEO of McGowans Print.
For more information about the conference, visit EFI here.
- January 2018: Ricoh at EFI Connect
- December 2017: New EFI Fiery Server Adds New Performance Muscle to Xerox AltaLink C8000 Color Copier/MFPs
- November 2017: EFI Releases New Version of High-Performance Fiery Controller for Inkjet Production Printers
- October 2017: EFI Launching New Signage, Textile, VUTek Commercial, Production Printers at SGIA Expo
- October 2017: EFI Acquires Escada Systems in Bid to Expand Offerings for Package-Printing Market
- September 2017: EFI Announces New Fiery FS300 Pro, Command WorkStation 6 for Production Printing
- September 2017: PrintReleaf and EFI Partner in Reforestation Program
- May 2017: EFI Enters Wood-Printing Market with New Cubik for Inkjet Printing on Wood
- May 2017: EFI Acquires Provider of Business-Management Systems CRC Information Systems
- March 2017: EFI Launches New UV LED Inkjet Wide-Format Printers, the VUTEk 5r, VUTk 3r
- February 2017: Xerox Sells FreeFlow Print Server Business to EFI
- January 2017: EFI Rolls Out New VUTEk LED and Largest Soft Signage Printer at EFI Connect Conference