Canon and JT Company Settle Toner-Cartridge Patent Dispute in Germany
Canon Inc. of Tokyo, Japan, reported today that it’s concluded its patent-infringement dispute with JT Company UG (haftungsbeschränkt). Under the agreement, JT Company and its managing director agreed to resolve their pending patent dispute by signing a settlement agreement. JT Company accepted a preliminary injunction issued by the District Court in Düsseldorf, Germany, based on the infringement of the German portion of Canon’s European Patent EP 2 087 407 B1 as final and binding. Further details of the settlement agreement are confidential.
Back in October 2017, Canon had reported today that it had obtained a preliminary injunction, granted by the District Court Düsseldorf against JT Company and its managing director.
The preliminary injunction was based on the infringement of the German portion of Canon’s European patent EP 2 087 407 relating to a drum unit and a process cartridge used in HP Inc. laser printers. The alleged infringement consisted of JT Company’s sale of laser toner cartridges comprising a drum unit via Amazon under the ASINs (Amazon Standard Identification Number) B071RGYGCV and B072B5KTZ7. Those cartridges replaced the HP CE505X and HP CF226A toner cartridges used with HP laser printers.
- January 2018: Canon Back to Russia to Defend Toner-Cartridge Patent
- December 2017: Canon Granted Preliminary Injunction in Germany for Alleged Toner-Cartridge Patent Infringement
- October 2017: Canon Loses Key ‘Dongle Gear’ Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Lawsuit in Germany
- October 2017: Canon Wins Preliminary Injunction for Patent Infringement against JT Company
- August 2017: Canon Wins Injunction Against Third Toner-Cartridge Maker in Germany
- June 2017: Jury Awards Canon Nearly $4.5 Million for Toner-Bottle Patent Infringement
- June 2017: German Court Grants Canon Injunction in Printer-Supplies Patent-Infringement Dispute
- June 2017: Canon Resolves Patent-Infringement Litigation with J&H Greentech and Trading
- April 2015: Printronic Agrees to Not Sell Alleged Canon Patent-Infringing Toner Cartridges, Drums, in U.S.
- February 2015: X Com Shop Agrees to Stop Selling Toner Cartridges that Allegedly Infringe Upon Canon Patents