New Xerox Duplex Portable Scanner Helps Businesses Cross the Analog-to-Digital Divide
Xerox today introduced a new duplexing portable document scanner, the Xerox Duplex Portable Scanner ($399 SRP), which captures, stores. and organizes up to 1,000 pages a day. Features include algorithms that correct visual clarity and optical character recognition (OCR) software that reads documents in 179 languages.
According to the firm, the Xerox Duplex Portable Scanner is designed to streamline paper-ridden processes that bog down employee productivity. Engineered for the worker at home, at the office, or in the field, it can scan 15 ppm at 300 dpi, and can scan documents as small as a business card, or documents up to 8.5 ” wide and 118″ long. Its small footprint also enables the device to sit comfortably on any desk
Under a trademark licensing agreement with Xerox Corporation, the scanners will be manufactured and marketed by Visioneer according to Xerox’s quality control standards.
Other features include:
- U.S. Government Trade Compliant
- Scans 15 pages per minute in simplex and 30 images per minute in duplex at 300 dpi
- Scans 20 pages per minute in simplex and 40 images per minute in duplex at 200 dpi
- 20-page automatic document feeder.
- Kensington Security Slot.
- Set up eight OneTouch custom “scan-to” destinations.
- Visioneer Acuity with DriverPLUS technology (Windows PCs) uses advanced algorithms to intelligently and instantly correct and improve the visual clarity of scanned documents or images containing imperfections.
- Visioneer OneTouch (Windows PCs) allows users to automatically route documents to email, printers, files on the server, or to the cloud with one simple touch of a button.
- Nuance PaperPort Pro (Windows PCs) is a document-management tool that helps users organize, find, and share documents.
- Findo (for Apple Mac and Windows PCs) is a single point search that works with OneTouch to sort and intelligently find every scanned file.
- ABBYY Business Card Reader (Windows PCs) easily transfers contact information from scanned business cards into smartphone address databases or its own digital storage catalog.
- ABBYY Fine Reader Sprint (Apple Mac Windows PCs) is an easy-to-use OCR tool that instantly converts scans into various file formats, including searchable PDFs. It accurately reads documents in up to 179 languages.
- Visioneer Scan Utility (Apple Mac) enables users to take full advantage of the driver’s features. Just set your driver preferences, select an image format and file destination, and begin scanning.
The Xerox Duplex Portable Scanner is immediately available for purchase online at www.xeroxscanners.com and from authorized resellers in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. For more information and complete specifications, visit Xerox here.
- August 2017: New Xerox DocuMate 6460 and 6480 Document Scanners Scan at up to 176 PPM
- September 2016: New Xerox DocuMate 3125 Features Faster Scan Speeds, Improved Solutions Compatibility
- August 2016: New Xerox DocuMate 6440 Scans up to 60 Two-Sided Color Pages per Minute
- June 2016: Xerox Integrating Dokmee Document-Capture Software into Scanners, DocuShare
- April 2016: In this Corner: New Duplexing Scanner from Xerox Weighs in at Just One Pound
- March 2016: Xerox Launches New DocuMate Program for Resellers in Europe, the Middle East
- August 2015: New Xerox DocuMate 152i Office Scanner Said to Be 40 Percent Faster than Predecessor
- February 2015: Xerox’s Unique New DocuMate 5540 Scanner Features Both Platen and Document Feeder