Epson Previews Latest Point-of-Sale Printer, OmniLink TM-6000V, at NRF Expo
Yesterday at the National Retail Federation (NRF) Annual Convention and Expo being held in New York, New York, Epson America introduced its OmniLink TM-H6000V multifunction thermal receipt printer. At the NRF show being held at the Jacob K. Javits Center in New York, Epson is demonstrating the OmniLink TM-H6000V in a fully functional grocery checkout lane as part of the Epson booth.
Epson also announced that it has added two Iconex media solutions to its list of tested media for the TM-L90 Plus LFC Thermal Label Printers and is demonstrating other POS (point-of-sale) solutions for the retail and hospitality markets.
Epson says its OmniLink -H6000V is ideal for retailers who want to enhance the overall transaction experience for their customers. At Epson’s booth at the trade show, using their mobile devices or traditional POS, attendees can scan and check out their items and print receipts in real-time with the new receipt printer.
The OmniLink TM-H6000V’s key features include:
- Connect to multiple devices ― the printer can be dynamically shared by legacy POS terminals, tablets and mobile devices, as well as cloud servers.
- Triple-interface connectivity to future-proof growing businesses ― maximum flexibility with three options, including built-in USB port and Ethernet network interface.
- Less down time ― remote monitoring of the printer’s status and part life expectancy.
- Fewer service calls ― intuitive control panel with visual error notifications.
- Designed for the cloud ― supports printing from Web-based applications utilizing Epson’s ePOS print technology; plus, utilize Server Direct Printing for online ordering support.
- Distributed proximity-based printing ― through Epson’s Beacon support using BLE (Bluetooth® Low Energy)2; and, through NFC (Near Field Communication) technology for easy pairing with mobile devices.
- Advanced paper-saving functions for thermal receipts ― top-margin and character height reduction features help reduce paper usage by up to 47 percent.
- Reliability ― print-head reliability of 200 km and extended auto cutter life of 3 million cuts.
- Fast transaction times ― print speeds up to 350 mm/sec6, plus a high-speed auto cutter.
- Fast check processing ― high MICR reader accuracy.
Various Epson partners at the show include:
- Diebold Nixdorf, a kiosk, POS Systems, and ATM provider, is also showing how it leverages Epson’s TM-L90 Plus-i LFC KDS Multi-Station KDS Controllers with its self-service kiosk. The joint solution is said to be beneficial for Quick Service Restaurants providing easy self-service ordering for its customers, KDS for the kitchen, and sticky receipts for food labeling.
- Lightspeed, a provider of cloud-based software, will be showing how its retail and hospitality POS solution uses Epson’s TM-m30 3” receipt printer that are said to provide a small footprint, efficient power management, and easy-to-use features. The solutions working together enable retailers and restaurateurs to improve customer service by automating key POS transactions.
- Shopkeep is showing how its iPad POS leverages Epson’s TM-m10 2” receipt printer can provide retail, hospitality, food, and beverage merchants a complete, full-featured and integrated POS solution to more effectively run and manage their operations and better serve their customers. www.shopkeep.com
Latin America Solutions
Epson TM-T900F FiscalPrinter: Epson will show how this new fiscal solution offers all of the physical securities of a fiscal printer and the ability to send invoices electronically. This is said to provide retailers with fast, high-quality printing, and ensures them their sales data is safe and complies with their countries’ fiscal laws.
Analisis Chile: Will be showing how its EasyStore sales-management tool, designed to solve commercial processes problems retailers face with multiple stores, will be leveraging Epson’s OmniLink TM-T88V-DT to deliver a POS system with maximum computing power and configuration flexibility.
Casa Trasorras/EXOR: – will be showing how LISTTO, a unique POS solution for management and optimization of sales and contact with customers, leverages Epson’s OmniLink TM-T88VI-i to maximize customers’ flexibility to deliver a world-class transaction experience.
- December 2017: Epson Launches Trio of Wide-Format WorkForce Business Inkjets
- December 2017: Epson Expands Enterprise Copier/MFP Portfolio with New A3 WorkForce Color MFP and Print-Management Offerings
- October 2017: Epson Launches Advantage Partner Program for Resellers
- July 2017: Nuance Print-Management and Document-Capture Software Now Available for Epson MFPs, Scanners
- July 2017: Robust First Quarter for Epson, ‘Acclaim’ for Enterprise Inkjet MFPs
- April 2017: Epson Rolls Out Three New WorkForce Pro Business-Inkjet All-in-Ones Starting at $149.99
- March 2017: Epson Announces 100-PPM A3 Business Inkjet Copier/MFP for BTA Channel