Canon Launches Refillable Ink-Tank Printers in U.K.
Canon U.K. today launched new refillable ink-tank inkjet printers and All-in-Ones, the PIXMA G series, for home, home-office, and small-office deployment.
The new PIXMA G series collection includes the:
- PIXMA G1510, designed for high-volume printing at a low cost per page.
- PIXMA G2510, a high-yield All-in-One with print, copy, and scan.
- PIXMA G3510, a high-yield 3-in-1 All-in-One with Wi-Fi connectivity that supports smartphone and tablet print, copy and scan via the Canon PRINT app.
- PIXMA G4510, a compact 4-in-1 printer with 20-sheet Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) and wireless connectivity to smart devices with a high-page yield resulting in a low cost per page.
The strong focus across the range is the high page yield allowing users print up to 6,000 pages from the black ink bottle, or 7,000 pages from a set of color inks, so that users can print longer without changing inks and providing a low cost per page. Other features include:
- Auto Power ON/OFF setting to help reduce power consumption when the printer isn’t in use.
- High quality prints with genuine pigment-based black ink ensuring sharp and crisp text, and dye-based color inks for printing vibrant color.
- Border-less printing of photos on up to A4-size media.
- Front-facing ink tanks that make it easy to determine remaining ink levels; ink-bottle design is also said to minimize potential ink spills and leaks.
The PIXMA G2510 and PIXMA G3510 also feature a new 1.2” LCD screen, while PIXMA G4510 retains the two-line mono LCD. The screens provide copy, checking Wi-Fi connectivity, and troubleshooting. They feature Canon’s FINE inkjet print-head system, and air-tight ink-tube technology for smooth printing.
PIXMA G4510 and PIXMA G3510
The PIXMA G4510 and PIXMA G3510 both feature Wi-Fi technology, allowing users to print wirelessly via a laptop/PC or smart device. Users can utilize the Canon PRINT app for printing, scanning, and copying, as well as for printer maintenance. They can access the Canon PIXMA Cloud Link via the Canon PRINT app so that they can print photos and documents remotely from cloud-based services, such as Facebook, GoogleDrive, Dropbox, Instagram, and other sites.
Both models are compatible with Mopria for Android, so that users can print without needing to download additional apps. The PIXMA G4510 is compatible with Apple AirPrint, which enables users to print from compatible Apple iOS devices.
The PIXMA G4510 and PIXMA G3510 also enable users to simultaneously handle both conventional Wi-Fi connection via a router and without access to a Wi-Fi router using Wireless Direct or Access Point Mode.
Users can print border-less 4″ x 6” photos in just 60 seconds and can select from a range of templates with Canon’s My Image Garden software.
The rear paper-feeding system holds up to 100 sheets of plain paper and provides a smooth paper path for a wide range of media support, including glossy photo paper Square Media (5″ x 5”).
Smartphone Capture and Copy
To make copies of hardcopy documents, users can simply take a photo of any document with their smart device (smartphone or tablet), and with Canon PRINT app’s Smartphone Capture and Copy function, convert it into a PDF to save, share, or print.
Pricing and availability:
- The PIXMA G1510 is available from March 2018 with a SRP of £179.99/€199.99
- The PIXMA G2510 is available from March 2018 with a SRP of £199.99/€229.99
- The PIXMA G3510 is available from March 2018 with a SRP of £249.99/€279.99
- The PIXMA G4510 is available from March 2018 with a SRP of £299.99/€349.99
Canon’s refillable ink-tank PIXMA G series printers and All-in-Ones are also available in the United States – visit Canon U.S.A. here for more information.
- August 2017: New Canon PIXMA TS All-In-Ones for Home Use Feature Six-Ink System, ‘Message in Print App,’ More
- August 2017: New Canon New PIXMA TR8520 and TR7520 Inkjet All-in-Ones with Business-Class Features
- December 2016: Canon Expands Inkjets with Refillable Ink Tanks with New PIXMA G4400
- December 2016: New Canon PIXMA TS Wireless Inkjet All-in-Ones with New Control Panel, Mobile Printing, NFC, More
- November 2015: Canon Shows First Inkjet Printers with Refillable Ink Tanks, the Pixma G Series