ECi Acquires Provider of Print-Management Solutions PrintFleet
ECi Software Solutions, a provider of enterprise resource planning (ERP) software solutions, today announced that it’s has acquired PrintFleet Inc. of Kingston, Ontario, Canada, for an undisclosed sum.
PrintFleet provides printer/copier device management and assessment software solutions, as well as training, business development, and support programs for office-imaging dealers, distributors, and manufacturers. The company provides various imaging-device monitoring, maintenance, and management solutions: PrintFleet LINK, PrintFleet Vision, PrintFleet Enterprise, PrintFleet Corporate, and PrintFleet QuickAssesssoftware. Chris McFarlane will continue to serve as president of PrintFleet within ECi’s Field Service Division.
With the addition of PrintFleet, ECi says it will be serving more than 2,200 customers in field service, and manage almost 10 million devices worldwide.
“Joining the ECi family of companies aligns with PrintFleet’s strategic initiatives, one of which is to achieve greater scale, affording us still more opportunities for growth,” said McFarlane. “As a recognized leader within the data collection and data utilization space, PrintFleet, with ECi’s support, now has greater capacity to assist our clients in bringing innovative solutions to the print industry.”
“ECi is committed to continuing to invest in the field service industry,” said Ron Books, CEO of ECi. “It is a quickly evolving industry and our goal is to provide the best technology available to help our customers stay competitive and profitable. Print and service management plays an integral role in this industry, and this acquisition gives us an expanded global footprint in print and service management. PrintFleet has a fantastic product portfolio and a dedicated team; we could not be prouder to have them join us in helping businesses achieve greater efficiency and expand their services.”
FirePower Capital served as the exclusive M&A advisor to PrintFleet regarding the transaction. Wildeboer Dellelce LLP served as legal counsel to PrintFleet with a team consisting of Rory Cattanach and Ragu Anantharajah. Bennett Jones LLP acted as legal counsel to ECi with a team composed of Peter Westcott and Christopher Travascio (Corporate) and Philip Ward (Tax).
- August 2017: VC Firm Acquires ERP Provider ECi Software Solutions
- August 2017: PrintFleet Rolls out First Integration with HP Smart Device Services for Fleet-Monitoring
- June 2017: HP Expanding Dealer Security-Adviser Program; Expects 600 Dealers Worldwide
- May 2017: New HP LaserJet Enterprise 600 Series ‘Highest-End A4s’ with Highest Level of Security, FutureSmart 4, More
- April 2017: HP Shipping A3 LaserJets, PageWides, as it Begins Bold Venture into A3 Copier Market
- December 2016: PrintFleet to Incorporate HP Smart Device Services into Printer-Monitoring Solutions
- December 2016: HP Redesigns MPS to Protect Networked Copier/MFPs, Printers Now Pre-Configured for Security
- September 2016: HP Simplifies Partner First Program for Reseller Channel, Expands Marketing Resources
- September 2016: A Closer Look at HP’s New LaserJet and PageWide MFPs Said to Feature Better Reliability, Monitoring, Security, and More
- March 2016: New HP 75-PPM PageWide Inkjets; New Officejets, LaserJets; A3 PageWide Copier/MFPs on the Way