Lexmark’s New Patient Communication Solution Provides Color Printing, Print-on-Demand for Healthcare
Lexmark International today launched Lexmark Patient Communication, a healthcare solution that integrates Lexmark color printing into healthcare providers’ existing processes for immediate access to printed forms and documents.
“We’ve all seen the patient discharge packets copied so many times they are fuzzy, skewed and hard to read,” commented Marty DeGraff, director of Lexmark Healthcare. “It might seem like a small problem, but those documents are the first line of defense when it comes to post-care patient outcomes.”
Lexmark notes that when a patient is unable to clearly read a form, they may provide incomplete or inaccurate information which can affect their care. Out-of-date forms used by different departments to collect information can also lead to synchronization issues between health-information management (HIM) systems and patient data. Confusion about post-discharge care can also lead to negative patient experiences and re-admissions.
Lexmark’s Patient Communication solution is said to enhance all types of patient documents and makes the right documents instantly available to clinicians and staff. Forms can be printed on demand from any location with Lexmark printers and MFPs, eliminating the need for pre-printed stock and time spent tracking them down, as well as poor image quality or out-of-date forms.
Forms and other materials can now also be designed with patient use in mind, using color for documents requiring higher patient engagement, including spot color to highlight key sections so that patients can complete forms more quickly and accurately.
Lexmark’s MFPs and printers enable users to print on label stock, wristbands, card stock, plain paper. and more with adherence to brand standards, reproducing logos and signature graphics with color-matching technology.
Rather than forcing a one-size-fits-all solution into the healthcare environment, Lexmark says its healthcare-workflow experts assist customers in designing a solution customized for their hospital’s unique requirements. The solution is available via Lexmark authorized resellers or directly from Lexmark.
For more information on this solution, visit Lexmark here.
- December 2017: Lexmark Introduces RFID Laser Printing for Manufacturing
- November 2017: New Lexmark Advanced Output Management for Healthcare Eliminates Printer-Downtime Backups
- November 2017: New Lexmark Program VALORR Provides Free Printer-Servicing Training for Veterans
- November 2017: Video: Lexmark’s Next-Generation A3 Printers and MFPs
- October 2017: New Lexmark Supply-Chain Document Optimization Designed for Digitizing Inefficient Paper-Based Workflows
- October 2017: Lexmark Healthcare Solution Uses Copier/MFP to Provide Downtime Assistance
- October 2017: New Lexmark Smart Document Capture for Military for Streamlining Paper-Based Workflows
- August 2017: New Lexmark Smart Document Capture Solution for Government Streamlines Paper-Based Processes
- August 2017: Lexmark Introduces In-Store Capture Solution for Retail
- August 2017: Next-Gen Lexmark Printers and MFPs Now Available in U.S.
- August 2017: Lexmark Introduces ‘Fleet Intelligence’ MPS Program for Resellers
- July 2017: Next-Gen Lexmark Markvision Enterprise 3.0 Features New User Interface
- June 2017: Lexmark: How to Secure Printing and Imaging in the Enterprise
- June 2017: Lexmark ‘Goes Beyond’ with New A3 Color Printers, MFPs with Fastest-Ever Print and Scan Speeds
- May 2017: Lexmark Beefs-Up Printer and MFP Security with New Secure Document Monitor