Lexmark Introduces RFID Laser Printing for Manufacturing
Lexmark International today announced Lexmark Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Laser Printing for Manufacturing, a solution that combines Lexmark electronic forms, color printing, and specialty-media capabilities into an all-in-one label and RFID color laser copier/MFP. The solution enables manufacturers to print, program, and customize RFID labels and tags from a single Lexmark color laser MFP. It’s also said to eliminate the risk of mismatches between RFID tags and labels, and consolidates device-management into one RFID-capable color MFP.
“RFID is a proven technology to help manufacturers maximize process efficiencies,” commented John Linton, industry director of Lexmark’s Manufacturing/Distribution group. “Work-in-progress, logistics, yard management, and document archiving are all typical areas where the radio nature of RFID helps overcome the line of sight challenges encountered with barcodes and visual labels.”
RFID Laser Printing for Manufacturing is said to enable customers to:
- Reduce labor costs: Significantly reduce time employees spend manually tracking work-in-progress.
- Eliminate reworks: Keep contents and packages in sync, eliminating potential rework and incorrect product shipments.
- Improve inventory management: Increase the accuracy of inventory saving time counting inventory.
Lexmark also states that its RFID Laser Printing for Manufacturing also has many benefits that other RFID printing devices don’t, including:
- Simultaneous high-resolution printing and programming on large forms: Using a single print task, documents up to legal-size can be printed at up to 1,200 dpi resolution, and programmed simultaneously, preventing a mismatch between the human-readable label and the RFID tag.
- Color printing: Text, barcodes, and graphics can be printed in full color to make labels easier to read and instantly distinguishable by a yard or line worker sighting the form from a distance.
- MFP capabilities: The RFID feature works with an MFP that supports print, copy, fax, and scan, while also enabling label printing and RFID tag programming on a single device.
- Complex media support: Lexmark products have the ability to print on a wide range of media on sizes, from 4” x 6”, up to 8.5” x 14”, including on labels, card stock, plain paper, and outdoor media.
For more information RFID Laser Printer for Manufacturing, visit Lexmark here.
- November 2017: New Lexmark Advanced Output Management for Healthcare Eliminates Printer-Downtime Backups
- November 2017: New Lexmark Program VALORR Provides Free Printer-Servicing Training for Veterans
- November 2017: Video: Lexmark’s Next-Generation A3 Printers and MFPs
- October 2017: New Lexmark Supply-Chain Document Optimization Designed for Digitizing Inefficient Paper-Based Workflows
- October 2017: Lexmark Healthcare Solution Uses Copier/MFP to Provide Downtime Assistance
- October 2017: New Lexmark Smart Document Capture for Military for Streamlining Paper-Based Workflows
- August 2017: New Lexmark Smart Document Capture Solution for Government Streamlines Paper-Based Processes
- August 2017: Lexmark Introduces In-Store Capture Solution for Retail
- August 2017: Next-Gen Lexmark Printers and MFPs Now Available in U.S.
- August 2017: Lexmark Introduces ‘Fleet Intelligence’ MPS Program for Resellers
- July 2017: Next-Gen Lexmark Markvision Enterprise 3.0 Features New User Interface
- June 2017: Lexmark: How to Secure Printing and Imaging in the Enterprise
- June 2017: Lexmark ‘Goes Beyond’ with New A3 Color Printers, MFPs with Fastest-Ever Print and Scan Speeds
- May 2017: Lexmark Beefs-Up Printer and MFP Security with New Secure Document Monitor