Sharp Is First Copier Provider Working With ‘Alexa for Business’ for Voice-Driven Copiers, More
Sharp Imaging and Information Company of America (SIICA) reports that it’s the first copier/MFP provider working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to enhance technology in the workplace through Alexa for Business.
Alexa for Business is a new service that enables businesses and organizations to bring the Amazon Alexa voice-recognition system into the workplace to help workers be more productive and organized on both personal and shared Amazon Echo devices. In the workplace, shared devices can be placed in common areas for anyone to use, and workers can use their personal devices to connect at work and at home.
As the first and only MFP provider working with Alexa for Business today, Sharp says it’s providing key capabilities to customers by working with the service designed specifically for business. Integrating with Alexa for Business will allow Sharp’s customers to interact through simple, verbal commands with their Sharp copier/MFPs and the rest of the Sharp B2B portfolio, including the Sharp AQUOS BOARD interactive display systems, which it says will improve overall usability while minimizing the necessity for product-specific training.
“We are excited to be the first MFP provider working with Alexa for Business,” commented Vince Jannelli, associate vice president for Software Product Management at Sharp Imaging and Information Company of America. “This feature is an important step in bringing Sharp’s vision for an open, smart workplace to life, providing greater value to our business customers.”
Wirth Consulting saw Sharp’s Smart MFP equipped with the Alexa voice-recognition system last month at Sharp’s National Meeting. Sharp personnel demonstrated how users can use voice commands to make copies, scan to email, and request service. It should be available next year.
- December 2017: Sharp Acquires Multi-Line Dealer Federalgraphics
- December 2017: Sharp National Dealer Meeting: Foxconn Benefits, Smart Office, Smart MFPs, Smart Meetings, and More
- November 2017: News from Sharp’s 2017 National Dealer Meeting in Phoenix, AZ
- November 2017: Unique Sharp Program Helps Dealers Employ Veterans
- November 2017: Sharp First Manufacturer To Achieve New International Security Standard for Copier/MFPs
- October 2017: Sharp Reports Higher Sales for Latest Six Months, Raises Profit Forecast
- September 2017: Sharp Acquires Bay Area Dealer Arista Business Imaging Solutions
- July 2017: New Security Enhancements, Mobile Connectivity for Sharp Color MFPs
- June 2017: Sharp Expands MFP Lineup with New High-Volume A3 Color MFPs, MX-6580N and MX-7580N
- March 2017: Sharp Shipping New MX-M905 90-PPM A3 Copier/MFP for Light-Production/High-Volume Offices