Epson Expands Enterprise Copier/MFP Portfolio with New A3 WorkForce Color MFP and Print-Management Offerings
Epson America today announced the expansion of its enterprise color inkjet line-head copier/MFP portfolio with its new WorkForce Enterprise WF-C17590. which prints at up to 75 ppm (ISO) and is for designed to provide an “affordable color option” along with Epson’s 100-ppm WorkForce Enterprise WF-C20590 for small and mid-size businesses and workgroups, and will be available through the Business Technology Association (BTA) dealer channel. The WorkForce Enterprise WF-C17590 is powered by Epson’s PrecisionCore print-head color-inkjet printing technology.
Epson also expanded its print-management options with the addition of solution partners through the Epson Open Platform (EOP), a program that allows ISVs to meet specific and changing customer requirements as business goals and enterprise IT systems evolve. Through Epson’s partnership with Nuance Communications, Nuance eCopy ShareScan and Equitrac Office/Express software will be fully integrated into the WorkForce Enterprise printer portfolio. Other partners available through the EOP program include PaperCut, Ringdale5, nddPrint, Preo Analytics, Gespage, and Drivve for integration with Web-based enterprise applications.
According to Epson, among the new WorkForce Enterprise WF-C17590’s benefits are that it uses up to 50-percent less power than color-lasers competitors, and also supports print-management solutions. Users can print from mobile devices, and scan and send documents via email or to cloud-based repositories via a touchscreen. Featuring a 5,350-page maximum paper capacity and dual-head scanner, Epson says the system is designed for the needs of workgroups with heavy, shared printing requirements.
Other features include:
- 4-in-1 network MFP with print, copy, scan, and 33.6 Kbps fax
- Standard connectivity: SuperSpeed USB 3.0, wireless, Wi-Fi Direct 6, wired Ethernet (1000Base-T/100Base-TX/10Base-T), Near Field Communication (NFC)
- Print on up to 13″x19″ media
- 75 ISO ppm (black/color) in simplex and duplex
- 150-sheet ADF with automatic two-sided scanning rated at up to 60 ipm/duplex 110 ipm; maximum scan area is 11.7″ x 17″
- Input paper capacity: 2,350 sheets (550 x 4 standard trays, 150 x 1 multipurpose tray); optional high-capacity input tray: 3,000 sheets
- Scan to: PC (USB and network), cloud, email (SSL), network folders (LDAP support), memory cards/flash drives; PDF
he WorkForce Enterprise WF-C17590 uses Epson DURABrite Pro C, Y, M, K pigment inks – using five individual ink cartridges (one cyan, on magenta, one yellow, and two black cartridges).
Replacement ink cartridges consist of the:
T887 High-capacity Ink Cartridges for Black, Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow. T887 High-capacity Ink Cartridges:
ISO pages — Black: 50,000
ISO pages — Cyan, Magenta, Yellow: 50,000
“Epson has always valued its channel partners, making it a point to listen and implement their feedback when possible. In fact, we expanded our high-speed color line head printer portfolio to enable partners to offer the range of printing solutions required to stay competitive,” commented Larry Trevarthen, director of business imaging of Epson America, Inc. “In addition, we continue to innovate with independent software vendors to ensure compatibility in nearly any document management environment for seamless office workflow and enhanced productivity.”
The Epson WorkForce Enterprise WF-C17590 will be available in January 2018 through participating BTA resellers. For more information and complete specifications, visit Epson here.
- October 2017: Epson Launches Advantage Partner Program for Resellers
- July 2017: Nuance Print-Management and Document-Capture Software Now Available for Epson MFPs, Scanners
- July 2017: Robust First Quarter for Epson, ‘Acclaim’ for Enterprise Inkjet MFPs
- April 2017: Epson Rolls Out Three New WorkForce Pro Business-Inkjet All-in-Ones Starting at $149.99
- March 2017: Epson Announces 100-PPM A3 Business Inkjet Copier/MFP for BTA Channel