Konica Minolta Expanding Corporate Campus in Ramsey, New Jersey
Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. reported today that it’s expanding its headquarters located in Ramsey, New Jersey. The expansion is helped in part by “Grow NJ” tax credits of up to $29 million approved by the New Jersey Economic Development Authority (NJEDA). The NJ Business Action Center assisted the company through the process.
The firm says that its growth into smart-office technology products, industrial printers, managed services (including IT services), and managed voice, and recent corporate acquisitions. are the driving workforce behind the expansion. The Ramsey corporate headquarters currently employs 474 people in two buildings using approximately 191,000 square feet of space. Plans under consideration for the new corporate campus include a 29,400-square-foot addition, the lease of additional space, and expanded parking facilities. The company also plans to create an additional 400 jobs. The project would amount to a $20 million investment by Konica Minolta and is said to benefit the state by $65 million over 20 years.
“Our new corporate campus will bring employees together to foster collaboration and fuel further growth for our organization,” stated Rick Taylor, president and CEO of Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. “We are eager to grow our workforce in New Jersey to ultimately better serve our customers. The Ramsey location is ideal for us to attract talent from the tri-state area while balancing the flexibility we need to grow our business.”
Konica Minolta employs over 8,100 people in North America and is a part of Konica Minolta Inc. of Japan. Konica Minolta Inc. of Japan has sales and service in over 150 countries and approximately 44,000 employees worldwide.
- November 2017: Konica Minolta Said to Be Closing Connecticut Facility, Transferring Employees
- October 2017: Konica Minolta Reports Much-Improved Financial Results for Six Months
- October 2017: Konica Minolta Shows New ECM, IT Solutions at Dealer Conference
- September 2017: Konica Minolta Continues Expansion into Healthcare Tech with Invicro Acquisition
- August 2017: Marking 30th Anniversary, Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. Acquires Muratec America
- July 2017: Growth Slows for Konica Minolta in First Quarter
- July 2017: Konica Minolta Enters Telephony Market with Acquisition of TLS.NET