YSoft SafeQ is First Mopria-Certified Enterprise Print Server.
Y Soft, an office-solution provider and Mopria Alliance member, reports that YSoft SafeQ is the first Mopria-certified enterprise print server.
The Mopria Print Service enables Android mobile device to more easily print to any Mopria-certified printer with no additional setup. Mopria is supported by the world’s largest print manufacturers and the Mopria Print Service is available as a free download in the Google Play Store.
Y Soft says it achieved the certification by closely working with the Mopria Alliance and developing a mobile integration gateway between Mopria Print Service and YSoft SafeQ 6 print server. The mobile integration gateway enables wireless-printer discovery for any Android mobile device user, including consumers, or workers within an enterprise. For the first time, Y Soft says it’s making its technology – including pull printing, reporting, and secure printing – available to all individual Android mobile device users by supporting the Mopria Print Service with the YSoft SafeQ print server. YSoft SafeQ enterprise users can also enjoy the full functionality of YSoft SafeQ through the mobile integration gateway.
“With the YSoft SafeQ Print Server any Android mobile device user can easily print from their favorite app,” said Brent Richtsmeier, chairperson of the Mopria Alliance Steering Committee. “Our certification process includes optimizing the user experience and ensuring future and legacy interoperability. We are pleased to bestow certification on YSoft SafeQ as the first enterprise print server to earn the distinction.”
Prior to Mopria Print Service and the YSoft SafeQ Print Server, users had to go through various steps to attempt to connect their Android mobile device to a cloud-based printer. These steps included downloading specialized apps or complicated configurations on their computer.
The Mopria Print Service guarantees that users can print easily from Android applications that include a dedicated print button or by using the Share-to-Print feature when using the Mopria Print Service version 2.3. YSoft SafeQ Print Server is compatible with the current Mopria Print Service 2.3.
YSoft has been an executive member of the Mopria Alliance since 2016. It works closely with other alliance members such as Adobe, Canon, HP, Samsung, Xerox, Konica Minolta, Qualcomm, Lexmark, Kyocera, Toshiba, Brother, Epson, Fuji Xerox, Microsoft, NEC, Pantum, Ricoh, Sharp, Dell, and Primax to simplify printing from smartphones, tablets, and other devices.
- November 2017: Mopria Print Service 2.3 Provides New Mobile-Printing Capabilities with Share-to-Print
- August 2017: New Mopria Mobile Printing with Android 8.0 OS Features Automatic Printer Discovery, No Downloads
- February 2017: Over 300 Million Users Now Using Mopria Mobile-Printing Solution
- January 2017: Samsung Enabling Mobile Printing for Android Users with New Mopria Certification
- June 2016: New Mopria Print Service 2.0 Provides User Authentication, More, for Android-Printing to Mopria-Certified Printers and MFPs
- February 2014: HP Launches First Mopria-Certified Printer for Mobile Printing with Easy Android Printing
- February 2014: Mopria Mobile-Printing Alliance Says Mopria-Certified Printers on the Way; Adds Many New Members
- September 2013: Canon, HP, Samsung, and Xerox Form Mopria Alliance to Develop Better, Simpler Mobile Printing