Unique Sharp Program Helps Dealers Employ Veterans
Sharp Imaging and Information Company of America is launching a unique new program designed to help its U.S. authorized dealerships hire veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces.
Sharp is launching the initiative to help veterans with technical training backgrounds obtain jobs in tech or sales positions with document systems dealerships and Sharp. Sharp will be actively promoting this resource on Web sites for veterans and through communication with outreach programs. Veterans will be able to navigate on the SEC Americas Web site and locate the available job opportunities by state. If selecting a position at a dealership in which they are interested, applicants will be guided through a process to apply, demonstrate proficiencies and share their interests with dealers throughout the United States. Once hired by the dealership, Sharp will reimburse the dealership for any training costs incurred on Sharp products.
Mike Marusic, chief operating officer at Sharp Electronics Corporation, commented: “As our industry becomes more complex, it is increasingly difficult to hire the right people who are technically trained, highly motivated and great team players. Our U.S. veterans are the perfect source for such candidates, This is a wonderful opportunity to assist our veterans as they move into the civilian workforce, while at the same time being a resource to help our dealers recruit the best possible employees. We are committed not only to recruit these individuals, but to provide the training necessary to leverage their skills for our industry-specific needs.”
- November 2017: Sharp First Manufacturer To Achieve New International Security Standard for Copier/MFPs
- October 2017: Sharp Reports Higher Sales for Latest Six Months, Raises Profit Forecast
- July 2017: New Security Enhancements, Mobile Connectivity for Sharp Color MFPs
- June 2017: Sharp Expands MFP Lineup with New High-Volume A3 Color MFPs, MX-6580N and MX-7580N
- March 2017: Blackboard Learning System Now Integrated with Sharp MFPs
- March 2017: Sharp Shipping New MX-M905 90-PPM A3 Copier/MFP for Light-Production/High-Volume Offices
- November 2017: Sharp Copier/MFPs Now with Pantone Color-Matching