Epson Europe Pursues Copier/MFP Market with New Equitrac Office/Express, eCopy Share Scan Compatibility
Epson Europe reports that it’s partnering with Nuance Communications as part of its strategy to achieve 25-percent regional sales growth and €2 billion in revenues by 2020.
The move comes just months after Epson’s announcement of its €585 million investment to bolster research and development and production of inkjet-printing technologies and printers for business use. Under the global partnership with Nuance, Epson Europe aims to take a greater share of the €8.4 billion European corporate copier/MFP market.
The partnership brings together Nuance’s print and workflow-management software, Equitrac Office/Express and eCopy ShareScan, and Epson MFPs:
- Equitrac Office, which features Hybrid Print Control, is said to reduce IT workloads by removing dependencies on print servers, print drivers, and complex print fleets, all while managing printed pages in an organization. Equitrac Office enables customers to choose how to deploy printing – using print servers, direct IP printing, or via a hybrid model that includes both.
- Equitrac Express is said to give IT administrators the flexibility to enable students, faculty, and staff to print what they need and when they need it, wherever they are located. At the same time, it’s said to help reduce total print output and costs, and enables administrators to accurately allocate print costs, implement print quotas, and enable guest printing through pay-for-print.
- eCopy ShareScan is document-capture software best suited for collaboration work streams where team members who can contribute documents and content to the team for further review. By using the MFP within the workgroup’s area, eCopy is said to quickly and simply guide workgroup members through the process of properly scanning and capturing documents. This solution will also be made available with Epson document scanners.
Commenting on the partnership, Jacqui Hendriks, European Research and Consulting Manager, at market-research firm IDC , said: “One-in-three office print devices shipped in 2016 was a business inkjet device. Epson strengthens both its position and its ability to gain market share through access to Nuance solutions addressing a number of growing customer requirements in one hit – print-related operating cost reduction, OCR scanning enabling enhanced search functionality, enhanced print and document management capabilities for greater control and security.”
Darren Phelps, director of business imaging, Epson Europe, commented: “Epson has been championing the switch from laser printing to business inkjet printing for a number of years, achieving impressive market share growth within Europe. The partnership with Nuance further simplifies the adoption of inkjet print for business as it brings together the benefits of Epson inkjet technology and Nuance’s market leading systems integration and management capabilities.”
According to Epson, Epson business inkjet MFPs provide multiple benefits for business users, including print speeds of up to 100 ppm and low cost per page, and reduced waste and energy consumption of up to 99 percent and 96 percent, respectively compared to laser printers. Maintenance and intervention requirements are also said to be less – up to 98 less compared to laser products.
- July 2017: Nuance Print-Management and Document-Capture Software Now Available for Epson MFPs, Scanners
- July 2017: Epson Completes Inkjet-Printer Factory as it Anticipates Increased Demand
- April 2017: Epson Rolls Out Three New WorkForce Pro Business-Inkjet All-in-Ones Starting at $149.99
- April 2017: Epson Adds ‘Game-Changing’ Document Scanners, Including DS-780N with Touchscreen, Network Interface
- April 2017: Epson Announces Three-Year Warranty for Its Commercial Document Scanners
- March 2017: Epson Announces 100-PPM A3 Business Inkjet Copier/MFP for BTA Channel
- February 2017: Epson Launching 100-PPM WorkForce Enterprise LX-10000F, 75-PPM LX-7000F A3 Color Inkjet MFPs