Marco Continues Acquisition Strategy with BusinessWare Purchase
Last week, Marco Technologies, which is based in St. Cloud, Minnesota, and markets copier/MFPs, printers, managed print services (MPS), and business IT services, announced that it had purchased BusinessWare Solutions, an IT services and managed print services company headquartered in Hutchinson, Minnesota, for an undisclosed sum.
BusinessWare also has locations in Owatonna, Willmar, and Chanhassen. It’s been providing its clients with technology solutions since 1994. With the acquisition, BusinessWare employees will join joined Marco, and will be serving clients from each of the existing markets.
This is the 18th acquisition in three years for Marco. In September, it purchased Koestner Office Products (see story here).
Marco is one of the largest technology providers in the country, with 49 offices throughout the Midwest United States, and has 32,500 customers nationwide and 1,140 employees. It specializes in printers, copier/MFPs, business IT services, managed services, and cloud services. There are 16 Marco locations throughout Minnesota.
“This purchase compliments the technical expertise and service offerings Marco currently provides throughout the state of Minnesota,” commented Marco CEO Jeff Gau. “We look forward to continuing BusinessWare’s commitment to satisfying its clients and providing opportunities for their valued employees.”
“We are excited to join the Marco team. They are a high performing company that is committed to excellence and outstanding customer service,” said Don Hoversten, co-owner of BusinessWare Solutions. “They are also consistently recognized as a great place to work.”
- September 2017: Marco Acquires Koestner Office Products
- May 2017: Marco Expands with Dakota Business Center’s Sales and Service
- ctober 2016: Marco Acquires Business IT-Services Company Infinity Technology
- June 2016: Marco Takes Over North Country’s Copier/MFP and Wide-Format Printer Business
- June 2016: Marco Acquires IT-Services Group Paragon Solutions Group
- November 2015: Employee-Owned Marco Office-Equipment Dealership Acquired by Norwest Equity Partners
- August 2015: Marco Continues Expansion with Crabtree’s Copier Sales and Service
- June 2015: Copier-Dealer Marco Continues Expansion in Wisconsin
- October 2014: Marco Expands Footprint in Midwest, Now has 39 Locations in U.S.