HP Previews PageWide XL 5100, 6000 for Faster Technical-Document Production Printing
HP Inc. previewed new HP PageWide XL large-format color inkjet printers with up to 70-percent faster print speed, designed to enable technical production-printing providers to grow their AEC (architecture, engineering, construction) print volume and expand their businesses into color-printing applications.
The new HP PageWide XL 5100 and HP PageWide XL 6000 printers are said to be suitable for use in enterprise print rooms, central reprographic departments (CRDs), and reprographic print shops for enhanced mid-volume production printing in both color and monochrome.
At speeds of up to 24 D/A1-size prints per minute, HP says the series provides technical-document printing with quick turnaround and low operating costs for architects and engineers, in addition to geographic information system (GIS) maps and point-of-sale (POS) poster applications.
The HP PageWide XL 5100 prints at speeds up to 20 D/A1 ppm with 28-second first page out time, while it rates the HP PageWide XL 6000 at 24 D/A1 size ppm with a 25-second first page out time. The printers are also available in MFP configurations with copying and scanning. Other features include:
- Produce 2-point text, smooth grayscale, and vibrant color.
- Print/scan/copy in monochrome and color with one single device in 50 percent of the time with a consolidated workflow.
- New advanced functionality for the integrated scanners such as smart background removal.
- ISO 11798 certified HP PageWide XL pigment inks provide long-term storage, light/water resistance.
- Self-encrypting HDD with AES-256, Secure Disk Erase, and IPSec for security.
New SmartStream Modules
HP is also now offering increased productivity for its HP PageWide XL portfolio with new software solutions. HP SmartStream offers two new modules. Document Organizer lets the user automatically rename large volumes of files using OCR (optical character recognition) technology, for saving time in job management. Using job pixel coverage, Pixel Analysis provides is said to provide accurate quotes before printing jobs. HP SmartTracker is said to helps users control printing costs and enable reimbursement.
HP is also introducing new features for HP HD & SD Pro Scanners to improve operator productivity, image quality and background cleaning capabilities. A new document output tray is said to streamlines both the scan and copy workflows.
Other printers in the HP PageWide XL portfolio include:
- The HP PageWide XL 8000 Printer provides high-end production printing at print speeds of up to 30 D/A1-size ppm, as well as two 775 milliliter ink cartridges per color with automatic switching and up to six rolls – more than 3,900 feet (1,200 meters) – of media for sustained productivity.
- The HP PageWide XL 4500 Printer and MFP enabling cost- and security-conscious technical work teams of architects and engineers, to securely print up to 12 D/A1-size prints per minute at in-house print corners.
- The HP PageWide XL 4000 Printer and MFP which enables technical work teams and copy shops to produce 8 D/A1-size prints per minute.
The HP PageWide XL 5100 and HP PageWide XL 6000 Printer series will be available in December 2017 in the United States and Canada, and will be sold in other regions beginning in 2018.
HP Mars Home Planet Concept Phase
HP says that also at the Autodesk conference held in Las Vegas, the new HP PageWide XL 6000 MFP is producing prints of the HP Mars Home Planet Concept Phase submissions.
HP Mars Home Planet unites engineers, architects, designers, artists, and students to design and experience life in an urban area for 1 million people on Mars. Participants are using Autodesk software to conceptualize, model, and render images of future life on Mars. The winning designs will be printed and displayed during the show. HP will also showcase its latest workstations – the HP Z8, said to be the most powerful PC on the planet,4 and the HP ZBook x2, said to be the world’s most powerful and first detachable PC workstation. For more information about the Mars Home Plant project, visit HP here.
“The debut of new HP PageWide XL printers is another giant leap on the HP journey to offer continued innovation in large format printing for the designers of the future,” commented Guayente Sanmartín, general manager and global head of HP Large Format Design Printing. “The breakthrough PageWide XL platform with even faster printing speeds will also help our customers move the needle for business with immediate monochrome and color prints delivered from one unique printer.”
With more than 5,000 units shipped and 3 billion ft² (300 million m2) printed since HP launched the HP PageWide XL printer in 2015, HP says that more customers are discovering the value HP PageWide XL printers bring to businesses worldwide, with HP PageWide XL printers doing the job of two printers in a single device, providing both monochrome and color prints.
- November 2017: Contex Promotion Offers HP PageWide XL Customers 40-Percent Off Pricing for Wide-Format Scanner
- September 2017: New HP Roam Mobile, Cloud Printing; Connection Inspector Security; A3 PageWide MFPs
- April 2017: HP Shipping A3 LaserJets, PageWides, as it Begins Bold Venture into A3 Copier Market
- November 2016: Why HP A3 PageWide Color Inkjet Printing for the Office?
- October 2016: HP Updates on Printing Group: Instant Ink up 20 Percent, PageWide Portfolio Gains Market Share, More
- April 2015: HP Previews New PageWide XL Wide-Format Color Inkjet Production Printers