New Canon imagePRESS C650 for High-Volume Office, Light Production Printing
Canon U.S.A. today launched its new toner-based imagePRESS C650 Digital Color Press with print, copy, and scan, and which is designed for high-volume, color-centric office users such as marketing divisions, central reprographic departments (CRDs), franchise printers, as well as for light-volume production-printing environments.
Canon says that the new imagePRESS C650 is positioned between the imageRUNNER ADVANCE Series copier/MFPs targeted at office use, and the imagePRESS digital color presses targeted at production-printing applications.
According to Toyotsugu Kuwamura, executive vice president and general manager of Canon U.S.A.’s Business Imaging Solutions Group, “The new imagePRESS C650 model addresses users with very light-volume color print production needs and allows them to benefit from imagePRESS’ production features and capabilities, working in tandem with Canon’s strong enterprise management solution integration and ease-of-use.”
The firm says that by combining print volumes consisting of routine enterprise office work with the capability to produce previously outsourced high-quality marketing collateral with one system, the imagePRESS C650 can reduce costs, particularly by enabling businesses to keep more print jobs internal.
Along with higher-volume office use, the imagePRESS C650 is also said to bring production-grade reliability and uptime to marketing departments and light-production printing needs of in-plant, franchise, and commercial print shops to help ensure jobs are completed under tight deadlines, offering speeds of up to 65 letter-size ppm for both color and black-and-white, while maintaining this speed on stocks up to 80 lb. cover in weight.
The imagePRESS C650 supports various paper types from plain to specialty stocks, and its ability to handle heavy and mixed-media print jobs can help users tackle applications from presentation handouts, to everyday materials and mailers. Users can produce saddle-stitched finished booklets, newsletters, envelopes, mailings, and business cards with support for automatic duplexing on up to 130 lb. cover stocks.
The imagePRESS C650 includes Canon’s imagePRESS Printer Kit, which is said to provide the ease-of-use required in multi-user print environments in business operations. It’s said to provide a uniform user experience with Canon’s imageRUNNER ADVANCE MFPs that are commonly deployed in office environments. Canon says that this consistency between standard office devices and the imagePRESS C650 can help users in marketing departments and in-plants familiarize themselves with the device quickly, minimizes the learning curve.
The magePRESS C650 also incorporates Canon’s Multifunctional Embedded Application (MEAP) platform, which helps software developers create customized, targeted solutions to address individual business needs. Available MEAP applications include advanced scanning, cost recovery, document-distribution applications, and more.
For those environments that require additional processing power and color-management tools, the imagePRESS Server G100, powered by EFI Fiery Technology, is available as an option.
Other Canon offerings within the imagePRESS lineup now include the following models:
- imagePRESS C65 Digital Color Press – Designed for high-quality output at print speeds of up to 65 letter-size impressions per minute (ipm) for advertising agencies, graphic-design studios, packaging design, and architectural firms.
- imagePRESS C650 Digital Color Press – Combines durability, productivity, and versatility with affordability for very light-volume production and demanding office users.
- imagePRESS C750/C850 Digital Color Production Presses – Positioned for small to mid-size commercial, franchise, in-plant, transactional, and quick printers with high-quality print output needs at speeds up to 75 ipm and 85 ipm, respectively, for monthly volumes of up to 400,000/500,000 letter-size images.
- imagePRESS C8000VP/C10000VP Digital Color Production Presses – Engineered for commercial printers, in-plants, production hubs, direct-mail, and transaction print-service providers at speeds of up to 80 ipm/100 ipm and monthly volumes of up to 1.2/1.5 million letter-size images.
The Canon imagePRESS C650 digital color press is now available in the United States. For more information and complete specifications for the imagePRESS C650, visit Canon U.S.A. here.
- August 2017: Canon to Debut New Titan Production Printers at Print ’17
- June 2017: New Fiery imagePRESS Server H300 for Canon imagePRESS C850, C750 and C65 Digital Presses
- April 2017: Canon Expands Commercial Inkjet-Printer Portfolio with Océ VarioPrint i200
- April 2017: Canon Opens Customer Experience Center to Grow Commercial-Printing Business
- March 2017: Canon Rolls Out Third-Generation of varioPRINT DP Monochrome Production Printers
- March 2017: Canon U.S.A. Announces Long-Anticipated Océ Colorado 1640 UVgel Printer for Wide-Format Printing
- February 2017: Canon Rolls Out Océ ProStream Inkjet Production-Printer