Canon, Printperfect, Reach Settlement in Germany
Canon Inc. of Tokyo, Japan, reports that it and Printperfect Ltd., have agreed to resolve their pending patent dispute involving Printperfect’s third-party toner cartridges by signing a settlement agreement.
Canon had announced in August 2017 that the Düsseldorf court had issued an injunction against Printperfect (see story here). Printperfect accepted a preliminary injunction from the District Court Düsseldorf in Germany based on the infringement of the German portion of Canon’s European Patent EP 2 087 407 B1 as a final and binding solution between the parties.
Regarding the English part of EP 2 087 407 B1, Printperfect has agreed to refrain from selling or importing laser-printer toner cartridges comprising an imaging drum unit with a certain coupling member for use in various models of HP or Canon laser printers in the United Kingdom. Further details of the settlement agreement are confidential.
- October 2017: Canon Loses Key ‘Dongle Gear’ Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Lawsuit in Germany
- October 2017: Canon Wins Preliminary Injunction for Patent Infringement against JT Company
- August 2017: Canon Wins Injunction Against Third Toner-Cartridge Maker in Germany
- June 2017: German Court Grants Canon Injunction in Printer-Supplies Patent-Infringement Dispute
- June 2017: Canon Resolves Patent-Infringement Litigation with J&H Greentech and Trading
- December 2014: Canon Expands Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Campaign to Germany