Samsung Transferring Warranties to HP
As part of HP Inc.’s purchase of Samsung Printing Solutions (now called S-Printing Solutions Company) for $1.05 billion, Samsung is alerting customers that it is transferring their warranties and customer information to HP Inc.:
As part of the transfer of our printing business to HP, we will need to transfer certain information across to HP. This will ensure that you will continue to be able to use the basic and extended warranty to be provided by HP after HP takes over the business.
This will also provide you with service continuity, as HP will be able to refer to service case histories that have been provided by Samsung.
As part of this move, we will need to transfer the following information to HP, which does not constitute personal data of customers. We are well aware that your consent is required before transferring of any of your personal data.
– Case history : history of advice you may have received from Samsung call centres and history of repairs by Samsung authorised service centres
– Details of the print device(s) you purchased from us, including model, serial no., date of purchase, and the details of any issues or repairs you may have experienced with your device(s).
– Service package information : Certification No., Package code, dealer code & name, model, serial no., registration date, purchase date, warranty start date, warranty end date
The details of the HP company to which our printing business has been transferred is as follows
– Company Name : HP Inc Hong Kong Limited
– Company Address : 25th Floor, Cityplaza One, 1111 King’s Road, Taikoo Shing, Hong Kong”
Those who require further assistance can contact Samsung’s Customer Service Hotline at 3698 4698 or email the company at https://contactus.samsung.com/customer/contactus/formmail/mail/MailQuestionGeneralNew.jsp?siteId=42
HP expects to complete its acquisition of Samsung’s printer business by the end of this year.
- July 2017: Samsung to Withdraw from Printer Manufacturing Once Printer Business Acquired by HP
- April 2017: European Regulators Give Green Light to HP’s Acquisition of Samsung Printing Business
- April 2017: HP Shipping A3 LaserJets, PageWides, as it Begins Bold Venture into A3 Copier Market
- December 2016: Samsung Provides More Key Info on HP’s Acquisition of its Printing Solutions Group
- November 2016: Samsung Lays Out Road Map for Merging Printing Solutions Group with HP Inc.
- November 2016: New Samsung Smart MultiXpress M5360RX A4 MFP with Faster Touch Screen, Smart UX Apps
- November 2016: New Samsung Update Enables Samsung Galaxy Users to Print to Millions of Printers
- November 2016: HP Inc. Marks 1st Anniversary: Looks Back on its 3D Printers, Samsung Acquisition, Copier-Market Disruption
- November 2016: Samsung Forms ‘S-Printing Solution’ Company Prior to Sale to HP; Compensates Samsung Employees for ‘Job Security’ Issues
- October 2016: Canon Discusses Implications of HP’s Acquisition of Samsung Printer Business
- September 2016: IDC: HP’s Acquisition of Samsung’s Printing Group Will Break Hold of Fuji Xerox, Canon, and Ricoh in China
- September 2016: Samsung Board Approves Sale of Printer Business to HP; Will Continue to Source Printers from HP
- September 2016: HP Set to Purchase Samsung’s Printer Group for $1.05 Billion As it Prepares for Assault on Copier Market