Fujifim Launches New Instax SHARE SP-3 Mobile Photo Printer with Square-Format Printing
As Wirth Consulting has previously noted, the mobile photo printer has been making a comeback recently, and one of the players in the market has been Fujifilm, which today announced the $199 Instax SHARE SP-3 mobile photo printer, the third version of its mobile instant-film wireless printer since the product was first introduced in 2014.
The Instax SHARE SP-3 (SP-3) is a wireless Wi-Fi photo printer that’s small enough to take with you (measuring 116 mm x 130.5 mm × 44.4 mm [4.6″ x 5.1″ x 1.7″) and will be available next month. It can print photos taken with smartphones, and is the first to use the new Instax Square films.
According to Fujifilm, the new SP-3 provides quick and easy printing of high-quality images, and the Instax SQUARE Film 1:1 aspect ratio format has been well received since its launch in May. Young people are said to be “expressing themselves through square format images,” which are widely shared on social media.
Features include “Collage template,” which allows a maximum of nine different photographs to be incorporated into a single image enabled by the square format printing, and the “My template” feature which lets users superimpose text on images before printing.
“My template” comes equipped with 11 different templates that are reminiscent of magazine and CD covers. Users can adjust font color, size, and transparency
The SP-3 app can directly access and print photographs stored on social-media Web sites, including Facebook, weibo, Dropbox, GooglePhotos, and Flickr.
The Iinstax Share Sp-3 doesn’t use ink-jet printing or ink cartridges, but instead, uses special paper that, when exposed and heated by a special light source, produces images on paper.
Other features and specifications include:
- Print photos in as fast as to 13 seconds
- Recording method: three-color exposure with OLED
- Recording method: three-color exposure with OLEDFilm FUJIFILM Instant Film “instax SQUARE”
- Photo capacity: 10 prints per pack
- Image size: 62mm x 62mm
- Printing resolution: 12.5 dots/mm (318 dpi)
- Printing level: 256 levels per color (RGB)
- Standard interface: 802.11b/g/n wireless
- Supported image format: JPEG, PNG
For more information, visit Fujifilm here.
- October 2017: HP’s New Sprocket “2-in-1” Combines Mobile Printer with Built-In Camera
- February 2017: HP CEO Dion Weisler: Strong Revenue Growth for MPS, Graphics Printers, Sprocket Mobile Printer in First Quarter
- February 2017: Global Portable-Printer Market to Grow at Compound Annual Growth Rate of 17.32 Percent
- September 2016: New HP Smartphone-Size Instant Photo Printer, the Sprocket