Epson Launches Reseller-Focused ReadyInk Ink-Replacement
Last month, Epson Europe introduced a “pay-as-you-go” ink-replenishment service, called ReadyInk, for Epson resellers and customers. The program is also available for U.S. customers.
Here’s how it works:
- The customer purchases an eligible Epson printer or All-in-One from an Epson reseller, online or in-store.
- The customer registers for the Epson ReadyInk ink-replenishment service and installs the Epson ReadyInk Agent that enables Epson to monitor their printer’s ink usage.
- Epson monitors the customer’s ink usage.
- When the customer’s ink runs low, the Epson reseller receives a notification.
- The Epson resellers sells the customer ink – keeping control of the customer’s ink-cartridge purchases.
Epson bills the program as a way for Epson resellers to increase ink sales, as well as extend the customer relationship beyond the initial ink purchase, and also ensure that customers are using Epson, not third-party ink.
Epson says that the program is unique in that the reseller is selling the customer ink – not the printer maker. Almost all of Epson’s new printers will be eligible for the service (except Epson EcoTank models), and customers can check online to see if their existing printer is supported by ReadyInk technology.
According to Massimo Pizzocri, vice president of consumer sales, Epson Europe, “The market is changing – customers are increasingly looking for quick and convenient shopping experiences and so it’s essential to answer this need. However, we strongly believe that this shouldn’t come at the expense of the channel. ReadyInk provides a hassle-free solution to the issue of running out of ink, while also empowering our channel partners in retail and reseller segments. We’re giving the channel a platform to strengthen customer retention and even increase sales. It will help them past the initial sale of the hardware through to ongoing ink sales and even to upsell across product categories.”
Epson says it will encourage its resellers to fit the program to suit their needs. The fundamental service will provide customers with an “easy and subscription-free solution to running out of ink. The channel partner manages the relationship and has the opportunity to upsell.
The firm says it will resellers support toto assist with the launch and ongoing maintenance of their ink replenishment propositions powered by Epson ReadyInk technology.
ReadyInk became available on September 29, 2017, and also appears that it will be available in the United States, as this Epson Web page with instructions for downloading the ReadyInk monitoring agent appears to indicate.
- October 2017: Epson Launches Advantage Partner Program for Resellers
- July 2017: Nuance Print-Management and Document-Capture Software Now Available for Epson MFPs, Scanners
- July 2017: Robust First Quarter for Epson, ‘Acclaim’ for Enterprise Inkjet MFPs
- April 2017: Epson Rolls Out Three New WorkForce Pro Business-Inkjet All-in-Ones Starting at $149.99
- March 2017: Epson Announces 100-PPM A3 Business Inkjet Copier/MFP for BTA Channel