New Lexmark Supply-Chain Document Optimization Designed for Digitizing Inefficient Paper-Based Workflows
Lexmark International today introduced Supply Chain Document Optimization for Manufacturing, a solution that leverages the Lexmark “smart” copier/MFP to streamline manual business processes and helps manufacturers gain visibility into their supply-chain logistics.
According to the firm, paper-based supply-chain workflows limit access to important data contained in shipping and receiving documents such as forms, invoices, bills of lading, delivery receipts, and packing lists. The Lexmark Supply Chain Document Optimization solution streamlines the manual, paper-based tasks that can disrupt shipping and receiving operations.
Lexmark Supply Chain Document Optimization solution is said to enable manufacturers to:
- Improve customer service: Shipping and receiving documents are produced and captured at the point of transaction so that order and delivery information can instantly be shared with customers.
- Reduce expenses: Multi-part forms and dot-matrix printers are replaced with Lexmark laser-based printers and MFPs for printing on demand using standard copier paper.
- Electronic forms provide instant visibility into supply-chain documents and eliminate delays caused by out-of-stock supplies and pre-printed forms.
- Supports compliance, as information required for audits and compliance requirements is immediately accessible.
- Integrates with existing ERP, ECM, document management, and production back-end systems.
- Users can generate various content including packing lists, shipping labels, banners, continuous-feed media, vinyl labels, card stock, and paper labels.
- Advanced routing: Collect key metadata to sort and route documents to the appropriate location-based on data gathered, document type or extracted information.
- RFID tag programming: Program and print RFID tags simultaneously to eliminate manual scanning delays and speed-up shipping processes
John Linton, Lexmark manufacturing industry director, commented: “Manufacturing and supply-chain processes often rely on paper, making them slow and inefficient. It’s also difficult to have real-time visibility into shipment status, which can impact customer service. And when a pre-printed document, label or tag is out of stock, it can shut down a production line and further delay shipments. We developed Lexmark Supply Chain Document Optimization to help manufacturers overcome these challenges.”
For more information, visit Lexmark here.
- October 2017: Lexmark Healthcare Solution Uses Copier/MFP to Provide Downtime Assistance
- October 2017: New Lexmark Smart Document Capture for Military for Streamlining Paper-Based Workflows
- August 2017: New Lexmark Smart Document Capture Solution for Government Streamlines Paper-Based Processes
- August 2017: Lexmark Introduces In-Store Capture Solution for Retail
- August 2017: Next-Gen Lexmark Printers and MFPs Now Available in U.S.
- August 2017: Lexmark Introduces ‘Fleet Intelligence’ MPS Program for Resellers
- July 2017: Next-Gen Lexmark Markvision Enterprise 3.0 Features New User Interface
- June 2017: Lexmark: How to Secure Printing and Imaging in the Enterprise
- June 2017: Lexmark ‘Goes Beyond’ with New A3 Color Printers, MFPs with Fastest-Ever Print and Scan Speeds
- May 2017: Lexmark Beefs-Up Printer and MFP Security with New Secure Document Monitor