HP Introduces New Textile Materials for Use with HP Latex Wide-Format Printers
This week at the SGIA Expo 2017 trade show being held in New Orleans, HP Inc. announced a new range of textile materials certified for use with HP Latex wide-format printers to produce soft signage and décor applications using water-based HP Latex printing technology.
The new textiles from selected media vendors are said to expand applications for HP Latex printing for soft signage applications, including backlit and front-lit banners, block-outs, backdrops, and Point of Purchase displays, with higher durability. HP says the textile materials also provide for new home décor applications, such as printing curtains and blinds, cushions, lampshades, and bags, on materials made from 100-percent cotton, cotton linen, or polyester. Some of the new textiles can also achieve washability with a heating process after printing.
Joan Pérez Pericot, general manager for HP’s Large Format Graphics Business, commented: “We continue to expand on HP’s promise to deliver new possibilities for HP Latex printers. New durable textiles for soft signage and décor open new growth opportunities with HP Latex water-based technology. Unlike solvent-based printers, HP Latex technology can print on traditional signage substrates such as banners and vinyls, in addition to textiles, including uncoated substrates.”
New Textile Applications for HP Latex Printers
At SGIA in booths 1029 and 1045, HP is presenting a textile showcase and printing with HP Latex printers, including the HP Latex 3600 Printer, winner of the 2017 SGIA Product of the Year Award in the Roll-to-Roll Solvent/Latex (over 80 inches) category. The HP Latex 3600 Printer supports high-volume printing and high monthly duty cycles, designed for print service providers (PSPs) requiring long-run, uninterrupted printing.
Textile printing is also supported by the HP Latex 1500 Printer, said to be a robust, affordable printing solution, delivering fast turnaround times; the HP Latex 560 and 570 Printers, designed for mid-size to large PSPs with increasing print volumes; and for smaller print volumes, on the HP Latex 365 Printer.
HP PrintOS for Sign and Display Production Printing
HP also reported that is HP PrintOS has been expanded for sign and display. PrintOS enables print shops to simplify and automate production of, signage and decoration applications.
The apps running on the PrintOS platform are said to bring cloud advantages, with low start-up costs, easy setup, and unlimited capacity. HP PrintOS apps available for sign and display printing include:
- Applications Center, offering easy access to HP Signage Suite for easy web-based design and ordering jobs for signage and décor, and HP WallArt Suite for decorative applications. HP WallArt Suite is updated to include cushions as a new application, in addition to wall coverings, canvas, decoration, posters, and cushions.
- HP Media Solutions Locator , a fast way to find certified media availability by region.
- HP Print Beat, providing visibility into press/printer performance for continuous improvement of production-printing operations.
- HP Latex Mobile App, enabling unattended printing by providing printer alerts to operators even when they’re not in front of the printer, or even when they’re out of the shop.
- HP PrintOS Box, a file-exchange that simplifies print-file receipt, content validation, and routing to production.
Information on certified media is available for customers in the HP Media Locator, in HP PrintOS.
- April 2017: New HP Wide-Format Latex 300 Printers Print and Cut at the Same Time
- March 2017: Global Large-Format Printer Market Shows Healthy Gains; HP Remains Leader
- September 2016: New HP Latex 315, 335 and 365 Wide-Format Printers, Backlit Fabric
- June 2016: IDC: Large-Format Printer Shipments Up Slightly in 1st-Quarter 2016; HP PageWide, KIP Printers Said to Drive Growth
- May 2016: HP Adds New Latex Series Large-Format Printers for Sign and Display Printing
- May 2015: New HP Latex 3500 and 3100 Latex-Ink Production Printers and HP Scitex 17000 Corrugated Press