Canon’s New imageFORMULA DR-M260 Document Scanner Features Five-Year Warranty
Canon U.S.A. today introduced its new imageFORMULA DR-M260 office document scanner featuring an industry-leading five-year advanced-exchange warranty.
Canon says the DR-M260 scanner, which is available through Canon dealers and resellers, is suitable for a variety of vertical sectors, including finance, professional services, government, and healthcare, as well as general office workgroups. The DR-M260 is rated to scan at up to 60 ppm in duplex mode in a single pass in color, grayscale, and monochrome. It features an 80-sheet automatic document feeder (ADF), as well an onboard image processing CPU, the latter of which is designed to provide fast, high-quality scanning without depending on PC performance.
The DR-M260 also features a USB 3.1 Gen 1 interface to help ensure optimal data transfer rates from the PC to the connected scanner.
Via the scanner’s Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) panel, users can create up to 99 customizable, pre-programmed scan tasks, which is useful for frequently used scanning modes and output destinations. Scanning status and counts can also be monitored via the LCD panel. For easy maintenance, notifications for errors and roller replacement will appear on the LCD to help administrators address problems before they occur.
To capture information accurately, the DR-M260 incorporates Canon’s imaging expertise to improve text legibility through the Character Emphasis feature, and Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to create searchable and editable files
Other features include:
- Suggested daily volume: 7,500 scans.
- Optical resolution: Up to 600 dpi.
- Output resolution: 100/150/200/240/300/400/600 dpi.
- Long Document Mode: Up to 220”.
- Document weight: 7 lb. – 110 lb. bond plain paper.
- Blank-pages detection.
- Bundled software applications: Canon CapturePerfect and Kofax Virtual ReScan (VRS) Professional software, which are designed to help increase the overall quality of scanned documents. Canon CaptureOntouch V4 provides various features and functions to help make document organization easier.
- ISIS and TWAIN scan drivers, which ease integration with third-party capture and content-management systems.
- Handles various document types, including thick, thin, and over-size documents, as well as plastic embossed cards. Optional carrier sheets allow scanning of passports with IC chips and other fragile documents to be scanned through the ADF without damaging the originals.
- Paper-feeding and eject sensors minimize document mishaps that can cause jams and damage.
- Left and right feeding rollers that revolve independently to help prevent skewed feeding when different-size documents are scanned in a single batch.
- Certified for meeting Energy Star guidelines for energy efficiency, and complies with both the EU RoHS and WEEE directives for the reduction of hazardous substances and waste products; EPEAT Gold certified.
For more information and complete specifications, visit Canon here.
- October 2017: Canon Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Document Scanning with Commemorative-Edition imageFORMULA Scanners
- August 2017: New uniFLOW 2018 LTS Features Support for USB-Connected Canon Document Scanners, Stronger Reporting, More
- March 2017: Canon Introduces imageFORMULA ScanFront 400 Scanner with Beefed-Up Security Features
- March 2017: Canon Adds Next-Generation imageFORMULA DR-X10C II High-Volume Production Scanner
- March 2017: Canon Announces New A4 MFPs and Printers, New Solution for Securing and Managing eMail
- February 2017: New Square 9 ECM Software Now Available for Canon Document Scanners
- November 2016: New Canon ScanFront 400 is First EPEAT Gold-Rated Document Scanner
- October 2016: Canon Previews New Solution for Integrating imageFORMULA Document Scanners with Salesforce
- September 2016: Canon to Preview New Network Document Scanner, the imageFORMULA ScanFront 400