New Lexmark Smart Document Capture for Military for Streamlining Paper-Based Workflows
Lexmark International has introduced “Smart Document” vertical solutions for government, retail, finance, insurance, and retail – all designed to make paper-based processes more efficient by digitizing and processing them – and has now introduced Smart Document Capture for Military.
Smart Document Capture uses the Lexmark Smart copier/MFP to scan and digitize hardcopy documents and then automatically process them.
Marty DeGraff, Lexmark global industry director, commented: “DoD (U.S. Department of Defense) services are under pressure to transform their operations, revolutionize their mission processes, and provide experiences and interactions that are highly digital and secure for the service member. As we talk with our DoD clients, the common refrain is that slow, manual processing associated with hardcopy information and paper-based tasks is hampering this effort.”
With Smart Document Capture for Military, process-management tools accessed directly from the Lexmark MFP’s touchscreen provide automated document classification, data verification, and compliance checks to make sure required information or documentation is in place. Lexmark says that features, screens ,and prompts are specific to DoD processes.
It also states that the solution integrates with core business and back-end systems to leverage a single, distributed capture solution across multiple platforms and workflow processes.
The solution is also PKI/CAC-enabled to permit authorized users to access information accessed via the MFP touchscreen.
With Lexmark Smart Document Capture for Military, users can:
- Capture and verify DoD personnel services documents to make faster, more accurate decisions to speed up approval process.
- Enable DoD personnel to print forms and applications on demand, initiate processes, and check into appointments with kiosk-enabled MFPs, while providing visibility and tracking of the required data to be processed.
- Onboard DoD civilian personnel and in-process service members faster: know exactly which forms have been completed and which are still outstanding, for faster, more accurate DoD personnel processing.
- Facilitate digital-property book audits: Automatically capture hand receipt documents for asset movement to track status, identify chain of custody, and reconcile inventory list.
For more on Lexmark Smart Document Capture for Military, which can be purchased directly from Lexmark, visit Lexmark here.
- May 2016: Lexmark Employees Seek to Block Apex Acquisition, Citing Chinese-Hacking Concerns
- August 2017: New Lexmark Smart Document Capture Solution for Government Streamlines Paper-Based Processes
- August 2017: Lexmark Introduces In-Store Capture Solution for Retail
- August 2017: Next-Gen Lexmark Printers and MFPs Now Available in U.S.
- August 2017: Lexmark Introduces ‘Fleet Intelligence’ MPS Program for Resellers
- July 2017: Next-Gen Lexmark Markvision Enterprise 3.0 Features New User Interface
- June 2017: Lexmark: How to Secure Printing and Imaging in the Enterprise
- June 2017: Lexmark ‘Goes Beyond’ with New A3 Color Printers, MFPs with Fastest-Ever Print and Scan Speeds
- May 2017: Lexmark Beefs-Up Printer and MFP Security with New Secure Document Monitor