Konica Minolta Unveils New AccurioLabel 190 Press for European Market
At the recent Labelexpo trade show, Konica Minolta Europe introduced a new label-printing press, the AccurioLabel 190 full-digital toner press, which it says has been developed and manufactured in cooperation with Danish company Grafisk Maskinfabrik.
The AccurioLabel 190 will replace the bizhub PRESS C71cf, a system that Konica Minolta says it’s sold to over 100 companies across the globe since being launched two years ago. Building on this success, GM is supplying its DC330 mini converting unit for the AccurioLabel 190 press, which can work in-line with the machine or as a standalone unit.
According to the firm, the AccurioLabel 190 system features stable color consistency and 1,200 x 1,200 dpi resolution offset-style image quality, with no pre-coating of media required. The new system for European customers comes with a web-guiding system as standard. Converters are said to benefit from its easy operation, production flexibility, fast turnaround, and variable data printing capabilities, as well as Konica Minolta support and service
Also new at Labelexpo was partner MGI’s JETvarnish 3DWeb Color+ system for label and flexible packaging, as well as shrink film. The new digital inkjet embellishment press is said to further reinforces the strategic alliance between MGI Digital Technology and Konica Minolta. The new system produces in-line flat and 3D-spot UV coating, 3D-embossed varnish textures, and flat and embossed foil effects. The full solution also includes a flexo priming station for un-coated material surface management and a semi-rotary die-cutting system at the end of the production for an all-in-one production.
According to Edoardo Cotichini, team manager for Industrial Printing at Konica Minolta Business Solutions Europe, “The reaction from visitors (at Labelexpo) was fantastic and demonstrated there is a strong need in the market for our offering. The Konica Minolta AccurioLabel 190 has been introduced after further large-scale screening of the market. We have listened carefully to customer feedback, which has really helped shape our ideas and thinking.”
Konica Minolta says its digital toner-based technology for printing on labels is used extensively at customer sites across the world. The systems are provided locally, along with delivery of parts and consumables. Outside of Europe, the winders for Konica Minolta’s AccurioLabel 190 will still be provided by established partner Miyakoshi.
Konica Minolta expects to ship the new AccurioLabel 190 press in December.
- September 2017: New Konica Minolta Accurio Production Printers for ‘Big Press Applications’
- Press Release: Konica Minolta Launches New EFI Fiery Digital Front Ends for Latest AccurioPress Line-up
- August 2017: Marking 30th Anniversary, Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. Acquires Muratec America
- March 2017: Konica Minolta Announces Sweeping ‘Workplace Hub’ for Office Imaging, Data Storage, IT Admin, User Collaboration
- February 2017: Konica Minolta Launches First ‘AccurioPress’ Color Production Printers
- November 2016: Konica Minolta Seeks to Expand Industrial-Printer Business with New Site in France
- October 2016: EFI and Konica Minolta Extend Partnership to Include Cloud-Based Solutions for Production Printing
- September 2016: Konica Minolta Showing New AccurioPRESS C2070, EngageIT iLabel Printer, More at Graph Expo
- September 2016: Konica Minolta Establishes its First Dedicated Production-Printer Sales Company in South Korea
- September 2016: New EFI Fiery MIC-4150 Controller for Konica Minolta bizhub 1052/1252 Production Printers