Taiwan’s General Plastic Industrial to Acquire Katun
Katun Corporation of Minneapolis, Minnesota, a supplier of OEM-alternative imaging supplies, photoreceptors, and parts for printers and copier/MFPs, announced yesterday that General Plastic Industrial of Taiwan has signed an agreement to acquire Katun from Monomoy Capital Partners for an undisclosed sum. The transaction requires the approval of GPI’s shareholders and regulatory approval by the Taiwanese government.
Katun CEO and President Robert Moore commented: “Katun is very excited to become part of the GPI organization and to begin the next chapter in our company’s history,having worked closely with GPI for well over a decade, we have the highest regard for its entire organization, culture, and products, as well as its unsurpassed dedication to quality and innovative toner-cartridge solutions. GPI’s technical and manufacturing capabilities will significantly enhance the Katun value proposition, as well the value that Katun already offers our customers.”
Robert Moore will remain as president and CEO of Katun. Katun’s management team will also remain in place and work with the GPI team. Katun has more than 350 employees operating out of three geographic business units, 10 distribution and warehouse locations, and more than 20 sales offices worldwide. Katun has 38 years of expertise, and has more than 11,500 customers in 123 countries.
General Plastic Industrial is a publicly traded company on the Taiwan stock market, and primarily engages in the development, manufacture, filling, and distribution of toner cartridges, including its toner cartridge brand, Cartridge Web.
- April 2017: Katun Launches New Line of Remanufactured HP Printers
- December 2016: Katun Launches ‘Marketplace’ for Buying and Selling Used MFP/Copiers and Printers
- November 2016 – Press Release: November’s New Products Include Waste Toner Container and Printer Toners
- October 2016 – Press Release: Katun Corporation Introduces Toners And Drum Units For A Variety Of Imaging Applications
- September 2016 – Press Release: Katun Corporation Introduces Several New Toner Products For Use In Ricoh, Canon And Lexmark Applications
- June 2016 – Press Release: Katun Performance™ Toner for use in Konica Bizhub 654/754 Machines
- January 2016 – Press Release: Katun North America Introduces Several New Products For Copier And Printer Applications
- August 2015 – Press Release: Katun Corporation Introduces The MPS Profit Calculator
- August 2015 – Press Release: Katun Corporation Improves its Automated Toner Fulfillment Solution by Incorporating Print Audit’s MPSCertified.com Ratings
- August 2015 – Press Release: Katun Corporation Introduces Two New Drum Products For Use In Sharp And Konica Minolta Machines