New Epson Seven-Color Inkjet SurePress L-4533AW Label-Printing Press
Epson America today expanded its digital label-printing press lineup with its new SurePress L-4533AW. Said to provide for printing high-quality labels and packaging at a low total cost of ownership (TCO), Epson says the seven-color inkjet label-printing press is built for reliable, high-quality performance, making short-run label printing with accurate color reproduction on a wide variety of substrates easy for label converters and commercial printers. The firm also says that the L-4533AW has also undergone significant developments to meet the growing demand for fast turnaround, with longer automated printing times, email alerts and minimal maintenance.
“We wanted to build on the wide-spread success of the SurePress L-4033 series with a new product to meet the growing label and flexible packaging market demand for shorter runs and faster turnaround times,” said Victor Gomez, group product manager for Epson America Label Products. “The L-4533 keeps the water-based resin inks, the expanded gamut and high resolution of its predecessor, and it offers enhanced automation features for greater efficiency and unattended operation.”
Designed to improve productivity and increase efficiency, the L-4533AW provides up to eight hours of unattended printing, email alerts and minimal manual cleaning. Offering remarkable reliability with all components built by Epson, including the ink, print head, and controller, the L-4533AW features versatile substrate support and prints on off-the-shelf materials from 3.15-inches up to 13-inch wide and as thin as .00314-inches.
The L-4533 also includes processing improvements for variable data processing (VDP), such as standard paper to thin films, metallic and laminated pouch materials. The seven-ink digital label press with variable ink-drop size starting at three picoliters also includes a new larger ink drop size, ideal for large solid color backgrounds found on packaging. Epson offers a pre-installation site survey, operational training and RIP workflow training and software with the L-4533AW.
Other features include:
- High-quality labels – Epson MicroPiezo inkjet-printing technology and a wide color gamut deliver color matching and gradients required for branded prime labels and packaging
- Ease of operation – Automated printing allows a single operator to run multiple units at one time
- Remarkable reliability – All components are manufactured by Epson and supported by Epson service
- Low-cost turnkey solution – Training, workflow software and operational support included
- Competitive TCO – Automated printing, competitive ink price and minimal consumables
- Versatile substrate support – Prints on off-the-shelf flexo PS label materials, including uncoated, gloss and semi-gloss papers, film and vinyl, supported or unsupported media
- Versatile data support – An ideal solution for text, barcode and image serialization
- Industrial-quality inks – Seven-color ink set (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black, Orange, Green and White), durable, water-based, resin-coated pigment inks provide superior adhesion, produce a remarkable range of colors, and deliver water and abrasion resistance on most substrates.
The Epson SurePress L-4533AW will be available in late 2017. For more information, visit www.epson.com/surepress.
- June 2017: Epson Claims ‘Record Sales’ for SurePress Label Printers
- May 2017: IDC: Epson Inkjet Overtakes HP in India’s Printer/MFP Market
- May 2017: Slow Fiscal Year for Epson, but ‘Solid Demand’ for High-Capacity Inkjets
- April 2017: Epson Has Sold over 20 Million Ink-Tank Inkjet Printers
- March 2017: IDC: Small Increase in Global Printer and MFP Shipments in Fourth Quarter; Gains for HP, Epson
- February 2017: Revenues, Profits, Decline for Epson, but High-Capactiy Ink-Tank Printers’ Revenues Expand
- November 2016: New Epson Factory in Japan to Triple Epson’s Inkjet-Print-Head Manufacturing