HP Rolls Out ‘Breakthrough Print Resolution’ with HP Indigo 12000 HD Digital Press
Today at the PRINT 17 trade show being held in Chicago, HP Inc. announced the HP Indigo 12000 HD Digital Press with “breakthrough high definition imaging, and new print performance technology for HP PageWide Web Presses.” The firm says that the new solutions are yet another step in converting analog commercial- and production printers to digital-printing technology.
The High Definition Imaging System for the B2-size HP Indigo 12000 HD Digital Press is said to double image resolution to 1,625 dpi, providing sharper, smoother, finer print. With this high addressability print resolution, HP says that print service providers (PSPs) can surpass offset quality and open new digital possibilities in high-end commercial and photo applications. The HP Indigo 12000 Digital Press uses HP Indigo’s liquid ElectroInk technology.
HP says that its Indigo Series 4 large format platform has already reached installation of some 600 presses operating worldwide, with the sale last week of two HP Indigo 12000 Digital Presses to American Litho. For more on the HP Indigo 12000 Digital Press, visit HP here.
New Performance HDK for HP PageWide Web Presses
For HP inkjet PageWide Web Presses, Performance HDK mode is a new optimization technology for High Definition Nozzle Architecture (HDNA) printing. Now available for the HP PageWide Web T240 HD, it’s said to provide improved quality in both color and black-and-white modes at full press speed of 500 feet per minute. As a result, HP says that more high-quality digital pages can be economically produced on inkjet for publishing, direct mail and commercial print.
HP Indigo 50000 Digital Press Now Available
HP also announced commercial availability of the HP Indigo 50000 Digital Press, following successful beta customer testing at Creel Printing.
The HP Indigo 50000 press is an over-size B1 press that’s designed for high-volume, high-coverage commercial- and photo-printing applications that HP says is making it possible to move more jobs from offset to digital printing.
The HP Indigo 12000 HD is expected to begin shipping by the end of the year. HP Indigo HD Imaging technology is achieved on the HP Indigo 12000 Digital Press by an all-new High Definition Imaging System, using an additional 12 laser beams to increase image resolution to 1,625 dpi. HD technology will also become available as an upgrade for HP Indigo 12000 and HP Indigo 10000 digital presses.
HP also says that various Image-quality tools, including image-enhancement software and inks are enabling the transformation of photo printers from traditional silver halide processes to digital printing:
- Color impact solutions for the HP Indigo 10000 series produce richer results for high-print quality photo- and commercial-printing applications.
- Superfine color profile for the HP Indigo 12000 and HP Indigo 7900 digital presses.
- New HP Indigo ElectroInk Light Light Black for professional images, for both color and black and white applications.
- ProColor software for image enhancement.
- Extended color gamut with Fluorescent Orange, Green and Yellow ElectroInks, now starting beta customer testing.
- Prints at 104.9 ft/min in ft-color mode; 137.7 ft/min in EPM; 209.9 ft/ min in 2-color mode; 465 ft/ min in monochrome.
- Print quality color (best): 812 dpi at 8 bit, addressability: 2438 x 2438 dpi HDI (High Definition Imaging).
For HP PrintOS, new apps and features announced include:
- PrintOS Jobs, providing real-time view and search capabilities of workload on HP devices.
- PrintOS Service Center, a single point of access to all service tools and processes available.
- PrintOS Box a shorter job submission to press through improved Easy Submit portal.
- PrintOS Site Flow for the HP One Book Publishing solution
All new HP PageWide Web Press T240 HDs will include the Performance HDK mode, and HP is also providing this upgrade to its existing customers. Blending performance and quality, HP says that Performance HDK mode offers a print-quality enhancement over Performance mode with improved image and detail in dark areas, even at high print speed.
HP Specialty Printing Systems (SPS) also unveiled a new 7/8” swath print cartridge for key applications. The new HP TIJ 4.0 technology is designed for applications needing high-speed printing, high-quality barcodes, text, and graphics.
The firm also announced that it’s expanding its print Module Ink Portfolio to Offer Valued Customers Lower Costs and More Vibrant Colors with availability in North America of HP 4041 Dye Inks, offering low-cost monochrome printing, as well as color inks providing deep reds and dark blues.
- August 2017: HP to Install Additional HP Indigo Digital Presses for Shutterfly
- September 2016: HP Inc. Rolls Out Four New PageWide Web Presses at Graph Expo
- May 2016: HP Introduces PageWide C500 Press Industrial Printer at drupa
- March 2016: HP Inc. Adds Host of New PageWide, Indigo Presses to Expand its Commercial-Printer Family
- December 2015: New HP PageWide Web Press T1100S Said to ‘Reinvent’ Package Printing with Box Customization
- September 2015: New HP Inkjet Production Printers Using HP PageWide Inkjet Print-Head Technology
- April 2015: HP Previews New PageWide XL Wide-Format Color Inkjet Production Printers