Canon Announces New Océ iQuarius High Performance Inks for its VarioPrint i-series Platform
Canon U.S.A. today announced the availability of next-generation iQuarius Performance Inks for its color ink-jet production printer series, the Océ VarioPrint i-series. Canon says the ink formula is designed to open up graphic-printing applications with the printers on U.S. offset coated stock. It also says that this latest update to the Océ VarioPrint i-series platform is designed to provide new possibilities for print-service providers looking to explore new business opportunities in the sheet-fed inkjet and commercial printing markets.
The iQuarius Performance Inks should be available in the first quarter of 2018. For existing customers that don’t require the new functionalities, the current iQuarius ink set will remain available for use subject to applicable terms and conditions.
Along with providing maximum control over ink interaction for reliable and superior output quality, Canon says the new iQuarius Performance Inks expand the VarioPrint i-series application range towards high-margin graphic-printing applications on offset coated media. The release of this next-generation ink family is uniquely targeted for those in the graphic-arts printing market requiring high ink coverage and color gamut on standard U.S. offset coated stock.
The announcement of the new inks also marks the official launch of the “iQuarius Performance Inks” offering. This proprietary ink family consists of the new inks and the currently available, ink set – introduced at GRAPH EXPO 2016. Canon says the two inks now support the widest media range on the i-series, including matte, silk, and gloss offset coated substrates, along with providing the ability to print on inkjet-treated and un-coated media.
Canon says that as the high-speed inkjet-printing market continues to grow, this launch solidifies its commitment to offering a range of new application options and improvements for the Océ VarioPrint i-series.
- April 2018: Canon Expands Commercial Inkjet-Printer Portfolio with Océ VarioPrint i200
- April 2017: Canon Rolls out $995 Entry-Level imagePROGRAF iPF670E Wide-Format Printer
- March 2017: Canon Rolls Out Third-Generation of varioPRINT DP Monochrome Production Printers
- March 2017: Canon U.S.A. Announces Long-Anticipated Océ Colorado 1640 UVgel Printer for Wide-Format Printing
- February 2017: Canon Rolls Out Océ ProStream Inkjet Production-Printer
- December 2016: New Canon hdAlbum EZ Service for Producing Custom Photo Books with DreamLabo 5000 Production Photo Printer