New Konica Minolta Accurio Production Printers for ‘Big Press Applications’
On September 10th, Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. launched its new AccurioPress C6100/C6085 Color Digital Production press series, which feature the new IQ-501 Intelligent Quality Optimizer and up to 400 gsm stock weights, putting the AccurioPress series into “big press applications at a small press total cost of ownership,” according to the firm.
The new AccurioPress C6100/C6085 with IQ-501 optimization are said to build on the AccurioPress product line that Konica Minolta introduced earlier this year in February (see story here), and are said to provide world-class image quality, productivity, and ease of use in production color digital presses — all at an affordable cost for commercial printers, central reprographic departments/in-plants, quick and franchise printers, and package-print operations.
Konica Minolta says the IQ-501 leverages the digital image quality and advanced workflow architecture of the AccurioPress series with fully automated, closed-loop quality-management tools that results in superior color consistency and front-to-back registration. It says that, combined, the AccurioPress C6100/C6085 engine and IQ-501 Intelligent Quality Optimizer yield a comprehensive, automated process-management system that delivers the precise color and image quality print customers demand, yet with one-touch ease of use yields big productivity and affordable labor costs. Coupled with heavy-weight stock (up to 400gsm), optional banner and envelope-printing capabilities, and various document-finishing options, the AccurioPress C6100/C6085 is said to open up new opportunities for even the smallest commercial print and graphic communications providers.
Key features of the new AccurioPress C6100 / C6085 with IQ-501 Intelligent Quality Optimizer:
- Fully automated, one-touch, closed-loop image quality controls with IQ-501 Intelligent Quality Optimizer
- Precise AccurioPress color output that rivals offset and meets G7 and Gracol standards
- Up to 400 gsm stock weights in simplex or duplex mode
- Optional banner and envelope-printing output (a banner-printing option will be available at the end of CY 2017)
- Ship-ready in-line saddle-stitched or perfect bound book finishing
- Wide array of Konica Minolta and partner document-finishing options
- On-board scanning for fast, easy integration of legacy document workflows
- New, highly reliable paper-feeding technology
“The AccurioPress C6100 series not only gives Konica Minolta greater penetration into the commercial print business, but its IQ-501 Intelligent Quality Optimizer is a game-changer,” said Dino Pagliarello, vice president of product management and planning at Konica Minolta. “Together, they take digital printing to the next level and will allow our clients to take their print businesses to the next level as well.”
Both the AccurioPress series of printers and the IQ-501 Intelligent Quality Optimizer are designed and offered to the market exclusively by Konica Minolta.
The Konica Minolta AccurioPress series, and the new AccurioPress C6100/C6085 Color Digital Production Press, are said to be a comprehensive and fully modular line of digital printing technologies and solutions, digital press suites, software, and cloud-based tools for integrating, managing, and executing a seamless production-printing color workflow. The AccurioPress series is available for lease or purchase through Konica Minolta channel partners.
- Press Release: Konica Minolta Launches New EFI Fiery Digital Front Ends for Latest AccurioPress Line-up
- August 2017: Marking 30th Anniversary, Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. Acquires Muratec America
- March 2017: Konica Minolta Announces Sweeping ‘Workplace Hub’ for Office Imaging, Data Storage, IT Admin, User Collaboration
- February 2017: Konica Minolta Launches First ‘AccurioPress’ Color Production Printers
- November 2016: Konica Minolta Seeks to Expand Industrial-Printer Business with New Site in France
- October 2016: EFI and Konica Minolta Extend Partnership to Include Cloud-Based Solutions for Production Printing
- September 2016: Konica Minolta Showing New AccurioPRESS C2070, EngageIT iLabel Printer, More at Graph Expo
- September 2016: Konica Minolta Establishes its First Dedicated Production-Printer Sales Company in South Korea
- September 2016: New EFI Fiery MIC-4150 Controller for Konica Minolta bizhub 1052/1252 Production Printers
- May 2016: Konica Minolta to Re-Brand Commercial Printing Solutions with ‘Accurio’ Brand Name, Launch KM-1 Inkjet Press
- April 2016: Konica Minolta Expands Presence in Label-Printing Market with New bizhub PRESS C71cf
- February 2016: Konica Minolta Expands Production-Print Lineup with 100-PPM bizhub PRO 1100