New Lexmark Solution for Automating Document-Capture and Processing in Banking
Lexmark International continues to expands its suite of document-scanning and processing solutions for vertical markets, today introducing Lexmark Smart Document Capture for Banking. Last week, the firm introduced Lexmark In-Store Capture for Retail, and earlier this week introduced Lexmark Smart Document Capture for Government.
Lexmark Smart Document Capture for Banking allows bank branch associates to automate document processing directly from the Lexmark “smart” copier/MFP, so that, for instance, customers can easily and quickly open new accounts, get a loan approved, apply for a mortgage, and more, alerting users, for instance, when required information is missing from scanned forms.
Documents scanned with the Lexmark MFP are digitally indexed and tracked, with extracted data and content routed to the bank’s back end systems. Errors are automatically caught from the beginning of the process and presented to the banker, allowing them to address exceptions before the customer leaves.
“These types of processes can keep customers waiting for days as their paperwork undergoes manual entry, review and validation,” commented Larry Early, Lexmark industry director, financial services. “This wait time, perceived as poor service, gives customers an opportunity to take their business elsewhere.”
Lexmark Smart Document Capture for Banking leverages a Lexmark MFP in the branch to add intelligence to the process as documents are collected from the customer:
- Document-processing technology is leveraged at the MFP’s touchscreen to ensure that all required information and documentation is in place.
- Automated notifications and alerts keep customers and employees informed, alerting them both when additional documentation or information is needed.
- Direct integration with most bank-software platforms and back-end systems leverages the banks’ existing infrastructure while enabling an “omni-channel customer experience.”
- Digital audit trails are available to demonstrate compliance with bank requirements and regulations.
The Lexmark Smart Document Capture for Banking is a custom solution available via Lexmark authorized resellers or directly from Lexmark. For more information, visit Lexmark here.
- August 2017: New Lexmark Smart Document Capture Solution for Government Streamlines Paper-Based Processes
- August 2017: Lexmark Introduces In-Store Capture Solution for Retail
- August 2017: Next-Gen Lexmark Printers and MFPs Now Available in U.S.
- August 2017: Lexmark Introduces ‘Fleet Intelligence’ MPS Program for Resellers
- July 2017: Next-Gen Lexmark Markvision Enterprise 3.0 Features New User Interface
- June 2017: Lexmark: How to Secure Printing and Imaging in the Enterprise
- June 2017: Lexmark ‘Goes Beyond’ with New A3 Color Printers, MFPs with Fastest-Ever Print and Scan Speeds
- May 2017: Lexmark Beefs-Up Printer and MFP Security with New Secure Document Monitor