Lexmark Introduces In-Store Capture Solution for Retail
Lexmark International today debuted its new Lexmark In-Store Capture for Retail, a solution designed to speed paper-based processes, helping retailers leverage their copier/MFP fleet to simplify and speed up error-prone and inefficient paper-based processes across their stores, such as onboarding, invoicing, receiving and incident reporting.
“While behind the scenes paperwork is not the store associate’s job, a number of necessary in-store tasks take their attention away from customers,” said Matthew Dollus, Lexmark vice president, global industry solutions. “We developed Lexmark In-Store Capture specifically to help retailers minimize time spent on paperwork and empower associates to focus on first-class customer service on the sales floor.”
“In-Store Capture happens at the MFP and touchscreen interface and is as simple as using an app on a mobile device,” Dollus explained. “The app walks users through the capture and routing process. Changes and additions can be managed at headquarters and pushed out to all managed MFPs instantly.”
The solution can identify all documents required for a new hire, incidents, or shipments, and present a list of missing documents allowing the store employee to scan missing documents as they are received. Direct integration with most store and back-end retail systems makes Lexmark In-Store Capture an enterprise-ready solution.
Based on 25 years of experience working with retailers, including eight of the 10 top global retailers, Lexmark In-Store Capture is said to bridge the gaps between paper-based processes and their digital systems in human resources, invoicing, receiving and incident management:
- Onboarding: Each store can scan printed documents from a new hire onboarding packet to a central location, giving HR a more comprehensive view of onboarding activities and eliminating paper-based confidential information at the store.
- Invoices: Stores can instantly send invoices to the appropriate approver, so that there’s no more waiting for packets through the mail to process invoices. Digitizing this process also eliminates the need for outsourced data entry, reducing time to process and associated cost.
- Receiving: Stores can track all receiving documentation, providing temporary storage until resolution, as well as the ability to pass the information to an enterprise storage system.
- Incidents: The solution provides a temporary storage space for incident-related documents, notes, photos, and other items, which holds the collection of information until it is transferred to headquarters.
- August 2017: Next-Gen Lexmark Printers and MFPs Now Available in U.S.
- August 2017: Lexmark Introduces ‘Fleet Intelligence’ MPS Program for Resellers
- July 2017: Next-Gen Lexmark Markvision Enterprise 3.0 Features New User Interface
- June 2017: Lexmark: How to Secure Printing and Imaging in the Enterprise
- June 2017: Lexmark ‘Goes Beyond’ with New A3 Color Printers, MFPs with Fastest-Ever Print and Scan Speeds
- May 2017: Lexmark Beefs-Up Printer and MFP Security with New Secure Document Monitor