Epson Introduces New Portable HD Document Cameras for Education
Epson America today introduced its latest document cameras, Epson DC-07 ($179 MSRP) and Epson DC-13 ($449 MSRP). Designed for education (K-12), the two new portable high-definition document cameras, are said to provide both affordability and superior feature sets. They feature 1080p resolution and advanced zoom capabilities for accurately capturing full HD (high-definition) images when displaying textbook pages, student work, 3D experiments, and more.
Veronika Knight, product manager for Epson America’s Projectors group explained: “Document cameras deliver an additional level of engagement for students in the classroom. The new, cost-effective models from Epson allow educators to project 3D objects, including math tiles, gemstones, or slides of plant cells, as well as primary source materials such as photographs, letters, and student work, which provides a more immersive learning experience than simply projecting images from a computer. Both the Epson DC-07 and DC-13 offer superior resolution and advanced zoom features to enhance lessons and serve as a reliable and flexible teaching tool for K-12 educators.”
With the document cameras’ HD 1080p resolution, users can also share magnified images with the included microscope adapter. The DC-07 and DC-13 are said to provide flexible teaching options to augment the learning experience, including the ability to record and save audio files with the built-in microphone.
The built-in video camera head rotates 90 degrees vertically and horizontally, allowing it to function as a web cam to capture classroom activities, or to use it for videoconferencing.
The DC-13 offers multiple connectivity options, including HDMI. The DC-13 also includes an SD Memory Card Slot so that users can save all audio files, videos, and still images captured in the classroom on an S memory card, and upload them to class Web sites, or send them to students and teachers looking to reference lessons via e-mail.
- High Image Quality: Large, highly efficient imaging sensor is said to capture more light per pixel, and advanced digital zoom capabilities are said to produce “bright, high quality images with outstanding detail.”
- Versatile Connectivity: Supports USB and HDMI digital connectivity produce HD 1080p resolution and high-definition video.
- Record and Share Audio/Video Lessons: Camera head rotates +/- 90 degrees to capture many angles and record lessons with built-in microphone and included software.
- Freeze and Capture Buttons: Educators can pause and resume images and video; all images can be captured and saved on an SD memory card or computer for sharing.
- Easy Setup: Automatically detects native aspect ratio of Epson projectors, and selects the correct output resolution to match; portable and light design for easy carry and setup.
- Built-in Microphone: Record and add audio to video lessons.
- Microscope Adapter: Aligns with any standard microscope eye-piece to share magnified images.
USB, HDMI, VGA
10.7” x 14.3”
11.7” x 20.7”
SD Card Slot
Brighter Futures Price
For more information on the DC-13, visit Epson America here. An information source is not yet available for the DC-07.
- July 2017: New Epson DS-410 with Three-Year Warranty Billed as Affordable Business Document Scanner
- July 2017: Nuance Print-Management and Document-Capture Software Now Available for Epson MFPs, Scanners
- April 2017: Epson Announces Three-Year Warranty for Its Commercial Document Scanners
- April 2017: Epson Adds ‘Game-Changing’ Document Scanners, Including DS-780N with Touchscreen, Network Interface
- January 2017: New Epson Portable Document Scanners Weigh in at Less than Three Pounds
- January 2017: Epson Says New DS-320 Portable Document Scanner is Fastest in its Class
- December 2016: Two New Desktop Document Scanners from Epson, the WorkForce ES-400, WorkForce ES-500W
- September 2016: Two New Workgroup Document Scanners from Epson Start at $299.99