Earlier this month, KYOCERA Document Solutions U.K. released a new HyPAS business application, KYOCERA SecureAudit, which enables organizations to check the security status of their Kyocera HyPAS-enabled copier/MFPs.
SecureAudit works by scanning each copier/MFP’s status against a range of security-benchmarked criteria, providing managers with “instant visibility” into each setting in the form of a diagnostic report. Checked criteria include open ports, protocols, default administrative passwords, authenticated user accounts, job boxes, installed apps, USB status, and more.
Eddie Ginja, head of innovation at Kyocera commented: “Just like other IoT devices, our printers are now connected to the Internet, as well as corporate networks, creating a massively expanded threat surface. Without adequate protection, cyber-attacks can easily gain access to unencrypted and other (personal) data available across entire IT networks. It’s like leaving your back door wide open to burglars.”
According to market-research firm Quocirca, of the millions of business printers in the world, only 2 percent are secure.
Features and specifications include:
- Print full diagnostic report: customize what settings you want to be reported on, and have a full breakdown printed or saved to USB within moments of running the application.
- Step-by-step screens are said to make it easy for users to produce in-depth reports with minimal training needed.
- Bby identifying where vulnerabilities may exist, this compliments a preventative security strategy looking to find and fix possible breach points before they happen.
- KYOCERA SecureAudit will support data protection policies and assist GDPR compliance.
Kyocera SecureAudit will be offered within Kyocera’s suite of application software, powered by HyPAS.
For more information, visit KYOCERA Document Solutions U.K. here.
- August 2017: Kyocera Acquires OnBase Reseller DataBank
- June 2017: New 60-PPM Kyocera Ecosys P8060cdn with Tablet-Like Touchscreen, Mobile Printing, HyPAS
- April 2017: Beyond the Document at Kyocera Conference; Announces Expanded DataBank Partnership, New IT Services
- March 2017: Kyocera Launches New, Faster A4 Desktop Printers Rated at up to 64 PPM
- January 2017: Kyocera Launches DMConnect Pro Document Capture-and-Distribution App
- December 2016: New KYOCERA A4 MFPs Said to Provide Features Previously Not Available for Low-Volume MFPs
- December 2016: New High-Volume MFPs from KYOCERA, TASKalfa 8052ci Color Series, TASKalfa 8002i Series