Marking 30th Anniversary, Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. Acquires Muratec America
Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. reports that it’s acquired Muratec America, a supplier of copier/MFPs and managed document and cloud services in North America, for an undisclosed sum. Konica Minolta says that the acquisition, which closes today, will strengthen its distribution network and “further advance Konica Minolta’s leading position within the industry.”
It also says that Muratec is “well-positioned and has shown steady growth over the years, both in solutions and services sectors.”
As a wholly owned, consolidated subsidiary of Konica Minolta, Muratec America will continue to provide sales and maintenance business and will operate under the leadership of Muratec President Jim D’Emidio.
“Historically we’ve had a mutual and complementary product lineup with Muratec making this acquisition a great platform to create new synergies together,” said Rick Taylor, president and CEO of Konica Minolta. “The fact that the fundamentals of both of these companies align and we both strive to be the best in every region, makes this a perfect fit.”
“Muratec and Konica Minolta have had a very close relationship for many years,” stated Jim D’Emidio, President, Muratec. “With the strength of Konica Minolta, I am confident we will achieve even more significant growth and provide stronger support to our customers.”
The acquisition marks Konica Minolta Business Solutions’ 30th acquisition in the past five years.
Muratec America entered the U.S. market in 1982 as Murata Business Systems to sell fax machines through private-label agreements with multiple U.S. companies. The company changed its name in 1992 to Muratec and realigned to focus sales and distribution exclusively through a national business-to-business-dealer channel.
- September 2016: Konica Minolta Acquires IT-Services Provider Altuscio Networks
- April 2016: Konica Minolta Acquires Baltimore Dealer Action Business Systems
- April 2016: Konica Minolta Purchases Video-Surveillance Company MOBOTIX, Expands Share in MGI Production-Printing Company
- March 2016: Konica MInolta Acquires Washington, D.C., Office-Equipment Dealer Meridian Imaging
- January 2016: Konica Minolta to Acquire Two Dealers in France; Says it Will Focus on Direct Sales in France and ‘Beyond’
- September 2015: Konica Minolta Canada Acquires Managed Services Provider IT Weapons Inc.
- July 2015: Konica Minolta Expands ECM Offerings with Acquisition of Various Hershey Technologies Assets
- June 2015: Konica Minolta Acquires Canon, IT Services Dealer SymQuest
- May 2015; Konica Minolta’s All Covered Acquires Assets of America’s Remote Help Desk
- May 2015: Konica Minolta’s All Covered Acquires Assets of Techcess Group
- May 2015: Konica Minolta Opening New Sales Branch in Cincinnati, Ohio