Growth Slows for Konica Minolta in First Quarter
Konica Minolta of Tokyo, Japan, has just released results for its first quarter that ended on June 30, 2017, with revenues up 1.4 percent, but profits before tax down 3.8 percent, both versus the first quarter a year ago.
Revenue for the company’s Office Business segment was ¥133.0 billion ($1.19 billion U.S.), down 2.3 percent year-over-year.
Revenue for Konica Minolta’s Professional Print Business segment was ¥49.0 billion ($ 440 million U.S.), an increase of 3.2 percent year-over-year.
Profits before tax was ¥8.2 billion ($73 million U.S.), down 3.8 percent year-over-year
Although sales of A3 color copier/MFPs grew in North America and China, sales in Europe were slow, with lower sales to major customers and to indirect sales channels.
Sales volumes of color digital-printing systems in Japan declined, but in North America, Europe, and other regions, the “AccurioPress C2070” series launched in the second half of the previous fiscal year remained solid, contributing to growth in sales volumes. In China, sales volume for color digital-printing systems doubled year-over-year.
Konica Minolta did not change its forecast for full-year fiscal year 2018.
- May 2017: Lower Revenues, Profits for Konica Minolta’s Fiscal Year
- February 2017: Citing Effects of Stronger Yen, Konica Minolta Reports Lower Revenues and Profits
- November 2016: Tough Six Months for Konica Minolta, as Revenue, Profits, Decline
- September 2016: Konica Minolta Rolls Out New ‘Workplace of the Future’ Smart-Office Solutions
- September 2016: Konica Minolta Establishes its First Dedicated Production-Printer Sales Company in South Korea
- July 2016: Hit Hard by Stronger Yen, Konica Minolta’s Net Revenues and Profits Decline for First Quarter
- June 2016: Konica Minolta Set to Spend up to $460 Million on New Acquisitions
- May 2016: Revenues Up, But Profits Down for Konica Minolta’s Fiscal Year
- May 2016: Konica Minolta to Re-Brand Commercial Printing Solutions with ‘Accurio’ Brand Name, Launch KM-1 Inkjet Press
- January 2016: Earnings Slow for Konica Minolta and Business Technology Group