New Security Enhancements, Mobile Connectivity for Sharp Color MFPs
Sharp Imaging and Information recently took to the road to share new product updates with its dealers, including new security and mobile-connectivity enhancements for its copier/MFPs, at the Metlife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey
Stronger Security, Enhanced Mobile Connectivity for Sharp Color Advanced Series and Color Essentials Series
New cloud connectivity includes a new connector, the Embedded Sharp OSA Application Box Connector, for the Box.com document-sharing and storing site. According to Sharp, Box.com is one of the most widely adopted content-management cloud solutions for small and mid-size businesses, and provides stronger security than many other cloud-based solutions, including regulatory certifications for vertical markets.
Also new are enhancements for the Microsoft SharePoint Online Connector, including metadata support, sub-site support, and custom-document library support.
Mobile connectivity includes QR Code support, Near Field Communication (NFC), and enhanced Google Cloud Print features available with Google Cloud Print V2. These Google Cloud Print V2 enhancements include:
- Support for staple-finishing and paper-tray selection.
- Easier registration, as Sharp MFPs are discoverable when Google Cloud Print is selected.
- Local cloud devices are discoverable even if Internet connectivity is down.
- Google Cloud Print service is available to all users in the network (even without a Google ID).
Sharp MFPs are listed under “GCP Ready Printers” on the Google Web page, making it easy to quickly identify supported machines. Google Cloud Print now also shows more details about Sharp MFPs, including device status, paper-tray status, output-tray status, and toner level.
Email Connect, which includes Gmail and Microsoft Exchange on premise, adds Microsoft Exchange Online/Office 365 support.
Stronger security includes joining Microsoft Active Directory (AD) as a computer, not as an MFP, providing better security and a better user experience. Benefits of AD integration are said to include:
- Secure user authentication and network communication.
- Single-sign-on to network resources via secure token.
- User access scan to network folders – users can browse sub-folders to locate scan-to destination – there’s no need to set up each network folder as its own destination. Users can also scan to home directory and to email.
MX-SW100 Print Release Software v1.2
Designed for SMBs, MX-SW100 Print Release Software is designed to reduce lost print jobs and unnecessary printing. Print jobs are available at any connected supported Sharp printer or MFP. Users enter their user credentials, select their print job, and print.
New v1.2 features include:
- A new, refreshed user interface designed to streamline the user experience consistently across Sharp’s software solutions.
- Single sign on support AIP Connect v1.1 and above.
- Extended operating system supported, including Apple Mac OS X 10.12 client operating systems, and now support for Microsoft Windows 10 server operating system.
New Sharp MFP models supported include the Color Advanced Series MX-3070N/3570N/4070N and MX-5070N/6070N; Color Essentials Series MX-3050N/3550N/4050N and MX- 5050N/6050N; and High Speed Monochrome MX-M905.
New High-Volume MX-6580N and MX-7580N
Sharp also provided more details on its new high-volume MFPs, the MX-6580N and MX-7580N, which it launched last month, and which are targeted at high-volume offices and light production-printing applications. .The new MX-6580N/7580N systems replace the Sharp MX-6240N/7040N and print at up to 75 ppm.
The MX-6580N and MX-7580N feature the same interface and controller architecture as Sharp’s Color Essentials and Advanced Series, and support the latest version of Sharp OSA for integration with network applications and cloud services. Features include:
- 150-sheet DSPF scans up to 200 images per minute (IPM).
- Feeds up to 13″ x 19″ size paper and up to 300 gsm through the bypass tray and MX-LC13N.
- Triple Air Feed Large Capacity Paper Deck increases maximum paper capacity.
- Duplex printing on up to 300 gsm media.
- Optional MX-PE12 Fiery print server for higher-volume and more demanding applications.
- June 2017: Sharp Expands MFP Lineup with New High-Volume A3 Color MFPs, MX-6580N and MX-7580N
- May 2017: Sales Down for Sharp’s Year, but Improvement in Operating Income, Second Half
- March 2017: Sharp Shipping New MX-M905 90-PPM A3 Copier/MFP for Light-Production/High-Volume Offices
- March 2017: Blackboard Learning System Now Integrated with Sharp MFPs
- March 2017: Sharp Expands Direct-Sales Operation in California with AVC Acquisition
- June 2016: Sharp Expands Advanced and Essentials A3 MFP Series with Four New Color MFPs
- March 2016: Foxconn to Invest Billions of Yen in Sharp’s Business Solutions Group
- March 2016: Foxconn Takes Controlling Interest in Sharp in Reduced Buyout