Memjet Appoints Former Kodak Exec Owen General Manager
Maker of page-wide inkjet printing technology Memjet reports that former Kodak executive Eric Owen will join Memjet as general manager for Memjet’s commercial-printer business unit.
As general manager, Owen will oversee the sales, marketing, and distribution activities that “will increase awareness and adoption of Memjet’s single-pass inkjet technology in high-volume commercial print and packaging markets.”
For more than 20 years, Owen has held global leadership roles overseeing sales and business development at Eastman Kodak Company. Most recently, Owen was responsible for worldwide sales and marketing activities in Kodak’s Enterprise Inkjet Systems Division.
Memjet CEO Len Lauer commented on the appointment: “As the innovator of single-pass inkjet printing, Memjet’s inkjet technology has transformed the print segment. This technology has been used to power a range of solutions — from desktop printers to wide format to commercial printing presses. The company now stands ready to build on that success by bringing the power of inkjet to higher volume commercial print and packaging segments. In hiring Eric Owen, we have gained a leader with the proven expertise to drive Memjet’s success in this new market.”
Owen states, “I have been a great admirer of Memjet technology and the positive direction of the company. So it is with great excitement that I now join the Memjet organization and lead the effort to bring this respected inkjet technology to new OEM partners and markets. I am very much looking forward to this new chapter in my career and am certain that great things lay ahead for both me and for Memjet.”
Memjet will continue to leverage the business development and customer relationships of Bill Brunone. Brunone will focus on the recruitment of new OEM partners for the Commercial Print business unit at Memjet.
- June 2017: Digikett Previewing New Memjet-Powered ‘Hybrid’ Mobile Inkjet Printer for Commercial Printing
- January 2017: Frankowski Appointed to Memjet Board, Stata Retires
- July 2016: It’s Over: Memjet and HP Agree to Settle Page-Wide Inkjet-Printing Patent Dispute
- June 2016: Memjet Adds New OEM Partners New Solution and Digikett
- May 2016: XYZprinting to Preview 3D Printer that Uses Memjet Print-Head Technology
- May 2016: New Digi-M-Jet Hybrid Printer for Commercial Printing Powered by Memjet Technology
- March 2016: DuraFast Shipping Memjet-Powered Vortex 850R Color Label Printer