HP Expanding Dealer Security-Adviser Program; Expects 600 Dealers Worldwide
InfoTrends reported on HP Inc.’s Power of Print conference last week, noting, among other updates, that HP is increasing the number of its security advisers by 10 times, and that it’s offering office-imaging dealers a $15,000 security-care program that consists of a two-day on-site assessment conducted by HP security experts.
Dealers can then “mark-up” and sell the service to customers. HP also offers a security-training program for dealers that includes a five-step process for coaching sales representatives in talking with customers about security issues.
HP will be also announcing a new security offering for smaller customers in September.
InfoTrends also reported that, worldwide, HP has recruited some 500 independent office-imaging dealers for its A3 copier/MFP line, and that it’s no longer recruiting new dealers in the United States. Instead, HP is said to be shifting to dealer training and sales launches. Overall, HP said it expects that it will have about 600 dealers throughout the world.
- June 2017: HP Brings 3D-Printing Solutions to Asia-Pacific Region, Adds Over 12 New Reseller Partners
- May 2017: HP Inc. CEO Weisler Critiques Xerox Dealer-Acquisition Strategy
- May 2017: HP’s Printer, PC Revenues Both up in ‘Breakthrough’ Second Quarter
- May 2017: New HP LaserJet Enterprise 600 Series ‘Highest-End A4s’ with Highest Level of Security, FutureSmart 4, More
- May 2017: NovaCopy to Market HP’s 3D-Printing Solutions
- May 2017: HP Selects SYNNEX to Distribute New HP A3 Printer/MFP Portfolio
- May 2017: HP Rolls Out 3D-Printer Global Reseller Program, Announces New Service Bureau Installations, More
- April 2017: HP Shipping A3 LaserJets, PageWides, as it Begins Bold Venture into A3 Copier Market