New EFI Fiery Print Server for Sharp MX-7580N/6580N Color Document Systems
Electronics For Imaging (EFI) and Sharp Imaging and Information Company of America have announced the launch of a new EFI Fiery digital front end (DFE) to drive Sharp’s new MX-6580N and MX-7580N Color Document Systems. The new MX-PE12 Fiery Print Server combined with the Sharp Color Document Systems is said to “create a powerful integrated solution for managing high-volume office environments.”
Sharp introduced the MX-6580N and MX-7580N last week; the copier/MFPs at print 65 and 75 ppm, respectively, and are equipped with Sharp OSA technology, the latter of which enables integration with network applications and cloud-based services, such as Cloud Connect for popular platforms such as One Drive, Google Drive, and Microsoft SharePoint Online. See story here for more.
Running on the latest Fiery FS200 platform, the print server provides is said to provide “unsurpassed job and color management, including the ability to produce complex finished documents and personalized communications.”
This new Fiery server, together with optional modules, make available to Sharp users a wide range of workflow and productivity advantages, including:
- Fiery Command WorkStation: Said to be the industry’s leading digital print-job management solution that makes it easier to manage multiple printers within the enterprise from a single point, benefitting customers by enabling a more streamlined and efficient operation.
- Enhanced productivity: The server includes Fiery VUE, a free 3D visual print client application that simplifies the creation of booklets, sales guides, manuals, and much more. It provides an interactive and intuitive interface that lets users produce professional-looking materials in just a few clicks, and can reduce paper and toner consumption.
- Ease of integration: Users gain streamlined, efficient, cloud-based operations management for in-plant print departments and production printing operations through full integration with EFI Quick Print Suite workflow software.
- Best-in-class color and image quality: Offices can obtain high-quality color and images right out-of-the-box, producing accurate brand colors and automatically color correcting photos with optional software such as Fiery Spot-On and Fiery Image Enhance Visual Editor.
- Personalized printing: Processing of large, complex personalized print jobs can be done quickly, optimizing throughput for maximum engine capacity with built-in Fiery FreeForm variable-data printing solution.
The new Fiery server is available from Sharp and authorized Sharp resellers.