Canon Resolves Patent-Infringement Litigation with J&H Greentech and Trading
Canon Inc. of Tokyo, Japan, reports that it’s reached an agreement with J&H Greentech and Trading Limited, which goes under the name “Prestige Cartridge,” to resolve the companies’ pending multi-jurisdictional dispute regarding J&H’s alleged infringement of Canon’s European patents EP 2,087,407 B1, and EP 2,137,577 B1.
In order to resolve the patent-infringement proceedings pending in Germany and Italy, J&H has agreed not to dispose of, offer to dispose of, use, keep, import, or otherwise deal with certain laser-printer toner cartridges for use in various Canon and HP laser printers worldwide. Further details of the settlement agreement are confidential.
- August 2016: Canon Files Patent-Infringement Complaint Against J&H Greentech & Trading in Italy
- May 2016: Canon Granted Injunction that Bars Sales of Copycat Toner Cartridges in Brazil
- February 2016: U.K. Ink-Cartridge Remanufacturers Enter into Consent Agreement with Canon
- December 2015: Katun Says its Canon-Alternative Supplies are IP-Compliant
- December 2015: Canon Wins Toner-, Imaging-Drum Patent-Infringement Lawsuit Against ASTA
- October 2015: Canon Wins Lawsuit Against OOO Softtrade, which Must Destroy Toner Cartridges
- October 2015: Canon Wins Injunction Barring TonerPirate.com from Selling Alleged Patent-Infringing Toner Cartridges in the U.S.
- April 2015: Printronic Agrees to Not Sell Alleged Canon Patent-Infringing Toner Cartridges, Drums, in U.S.
- March 2015: Canon Withdraws Toner-Cartridge Patent-Infringement Action Against Seine