ABBYY’s Next-Generation FlexiCapture Data-Processing Solution Provides New Enhancements
ABBYY reports that it’s releasing a new version of its ABBYY FlexiCapture, which will be available at the end of May. FlexiCapture is an enterprise document-capture solution that intelligently extracts, classifies, and routes data from incoming image, email, and document streams Using various automated machine-learning techniques, the new-generation platform is said to redefine data-capture and processing.
Vlad Kuzmin, vice president of Global Data Capture business at ABBYY, commented: “Even today, the vast majority of business information is still locked away as unstructured document content from diverse sources. The new evolution of FlexiCapture platform provides advanced capabilities to automatically, accurately and cost effectively action business data from a range of corporate documents. The goal is to help organizations with the Digital Transformation of their business operations and make companies more efficient, more agile, more customer-centric and above all, more competitive on the market.”
The new FlexiCapture generation can be deployed as a core enterprise platform with customers building and running multiple business processes, while covering multiple input channels, from emails, paper, fax, e-documents, and mobile. ABBYY says that new machine-learning techniques work in a two-pronged fashion: on the one hand, it powers the rapid set-up of data-analysis models via the platform studio resulting in rapid solution deployment.
On the other hand, it enables a continuous improvement mechanism in the business process and application environment, boosting performance while reducing the need for offline maintenance, system downtime, and costly professional services – a common industry-wide problem which has plagued buyers of legacy platforms. ABBYY says this is particularly evident in accounts payables, claims management, order processing or customer onboarding, where organization have to handle documents from thousands of vendors or customers covering multiple input channels, from emails, paper, fax, e-documents and mobile but containing the same critical business data.
Key new features and capabilities include:
- Multichannel input support: Documents are processed in one single flow, including documents received via email, FTP, “hot folders,” or mobile devices, regardless of source and format.
- Advanced Classification: FlexiCapture now comes with advanced classification technology – using multiple classifiers, including semantic-based classification, and an intelligent voting mechanism to choose the best possible result, thereby enhancing accuracy. The automatic learning process, via neural networks, also radically simplifies set-up, eliminating the need for complex and time-consuming rules.
- Extraction auto-learning: FlexiCapture 12 comes embedded with supervised and reinforcement learning techniques that enable it to automatically learn, adapt, and continuously improve its data-extraction algorithms, even in the live process environment through intuitive “point-and-learn” user guidance. It is capable of incorporating traditionally complex unseen and variable document layouts into the core algorithm on the fly thereby significantly reducing Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Cloud-ready architecture: The native multi-tenanted architecture is capable of providing public and private cloud-based deployments. This is said to reduce time to market and shift the focus away from capital expenditure towards an operational expenditure orientated approach and opens up new, cost-effective opportunities for small and mid-size organizations.
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) monitoring and enforcement: SLA provides a mechanism for document-processing prioritization to achieve required service levels. Advanced system monitoring and reporting tools help analyze document processing flow and ensure correct prioritization. This supports organizations to better meet both internal and external regulatory compliance and reduce compliance costs.
- Quick start solutions: Built-in solutions for digital mailrooms, invoice processing, and VAT declarations that require no customization are available as add-ons and can be rapidly deployed without the need for costly implementation services.
- Document sets and cases: Multiple linked documents can be processed as one complete case file, with various assembly, processing and validation checks, to improve efficiency in more complex case management scenarios such as customer on-boarding, mortgage loan origination, and claims management.
For more information on FlexiCapture, visit ABBYY here. For information on licensing models and pricing, contact an ABBYY partner or regional ABBYY office. ABBYY says it will expand further FlexiCapture’s functionality during 2017-2018.
- January 2017: ABBYY Releases Version 14 of FineReader OCR and Document-Capture Software
- July 2016: ABBYY FineScanner OCR Scanning Solution Now Available for Android Mobile Devices
- February 2016: New ABBYY InfoExtractor SDK, Smart Classifier for Automating Business Document Processes
- February 2015: ABBYY’s Updated PDF Transformer+ Provides Faster Printing, Start-Up, and More
- December 2014: ABBYY Europe Partnering with Fujitsu to Expand Document-Capture Solutions
- July 2014: ABBYY Releases Next Generation of FineReader Online with New Document-Conversion Features
- May 2014: Next-Generation ABBYY Recognition Server Features Extended PDF Capabilities, Direct SharePoint Integration
- April 2014: Next-Generation ABBYY FineReader 12 Corporate OCR Software with Upgrades