Nuance Document-Management, Print Solutions Now Available via Lexmark Dealers
Nuance Communications today reported that it’s forming a new strategic partnership with Lexmark International, to provide Nuance document-imaging solutions worldwide. Specifically, the relationship includes rights for Lexmark to sell and distribute Nuance AutoStore, Equitrac Office/Express, and SafeCom. Nuance will also provide service and support to qualifying customers. For Lexmark, partnering with Nuance is said to reinforce its commitment to providing enterprise workflow solutions designed to increase productivity and enhance document security. Last week, Thoma Bravo, a private-equity firm, announced that it was acquiring Lexmark’s software division, and then would sell portions of the software group to one of its own companies, Hyland Software (see here for more).
Nuance solutions that are immediately available to Lexmark’s global dealer network include:
AutoStore is best suited for business-processes capture workflows in which participants submit documents and data into a predefined workflow. AutoStore is said to provide a unique experience designed with an intuitive interface for speed in capturing critical document information with as little interaction as possible using real-time connections to business systems for rapid and error free processing.
Equitrac Office is said to give businesses the flexibility to let users print what they need and when they need it, while reducing the costs and complexities of deploying a print infrastructure. With Hybrid Print Control, Equitrac Office is said to reduce IT complexities by removing dependencies on print servers, print drivers, and complex print fleets. As user requirements for printing change and IT infrastructure evolves, Equitrac Office is said to let customers adapt to these changes with a choice of how to deploy printing – using print servers, direct IP printing, or a hybrid model that includes both.
Nuance SafeCom Smart Printing solutions work with nearly all types of printers and copier/MFPs, enabling customers to reduce print costs, increase print efficiency, boost security, and reducing waste
Chris Strammiello, vice president of global alliances and strategic marketing for Nuance Document Imaging, commented: “The primary beneficiaries of today’s news are Lexmark’s customers who now have access to the industry’s pre-eminent MFP capture and print-management solutions with AutoStore, Equitrac and SafeCom. Utilizing Nuance’s solutions, Lexmark customers can enhance their document workflows to increase productivity and efficiencies. Simultaneously, organizations gain control of document security to better secure protected information against unauthorized access by individuals in and outside of the organization.”
- May 2017: Private-Equity Firm, Hyland Software to Acquire Lexmark’s Software Business
- February 2017: Ninestar Discusses Lexmark Acquisition; Aims to be ‘One Stop Provider’ for Printer Industry
- January 2017: Lexmark to Lay Off 10 Percent of Software Group Employees
- December 2016: This Week in Imaging: Poor Boy Gets Rich Girl, Apex Speaks Out on Lexmark Acquisition
- December 2016: Apex Technology Says Lexmark Acquisition Will Help it Create Global Printer Empire
- November 2016: It’s Official: Lexmark Acquired by Apex and Investors; Reeder Named CEO
- October 2016: Revenues Flat for Lexmark as Apex Technology Acquisition on the Horizon
- September 2016: Apex Rumoured to be Considering Selling Lexmark’s Software Division
- May 2015: Lexmark Completes Kofax Acquisition; Bish is New President of Lexmark Enterprise Software Division