New HP Wide-Format Latex 300 Printers Print and Cut at the Same Time
At the ISA Sign Expo 2017 held last week in Las Vegas, HP Inc. announced its new HP Latex 300 Print and Cut Series, a new system that simultaneously prints and cuts output – such as signs – in a single workflow, a system that HP says provides 50-percent time savings.
Designed for sign-printing shops, quick printers, and print service providers (PSPs), the 54″ HP Latex 315 Print and Cut and 64″ HP Latex 335 Print and Cut solutions are said to provide more efficient production for a broad range of applications such as printing and cutting floor and window graphics, as well as stickers and customizable clothing.
HP Latex 335 Print and Cut Solution
Available through HP resellers, HP Latex Print and Cut solutions are designed to work with the recently released HP Signage Suite, a cloud-based software solution with Web-based apps for signage creation. The suite is designed for integration into PSPs’ web-to-print operations, making it possible to receive orders 24/7.
- Indoor quality: 12 m²/hr (129 ft²/hr)
- Cut speed: Up to 113 cm/sec (44 in/sec) diagonal
- Up to 1.37 m (54 in) width
- HP Barcode system and OPOS marks
- HP Signage Suite
- HP FlexiPRINT and CUT RIP
Xavier Garcia, general manager for HP’s Large Format Printing division commented: “This introduction marks another step forward in how HP creates the best experiences for our customers. HP print and cut reduces total cost and improves workflow, enabling Latex water-based inks to further replace solvent for indoor and outdoor applications. The solution reinforces the market momentum toward HP technology, now reaching the milestone of 42,000 units sold, with 12,000 units added in the last year alone. We’re excited about the opportunity to meet the growing demand for our industry-leading solutions.
New Media Solutions
HP also announced an extended media offering for Latex printers with a new series of textiles for soft-signage applications that are said to provide “outstanding print quality and durability, without the need for any post processing.” The media complies with the ISO 105-X 12 standard and is available from manufacturers including Green Textiles, Aurich Textilien, and Berger.
“These new textiles will enable HP Latex customers to differentiate themselves and better serve their clients with innovative applications and environmental benefits,” Garcia said
Another new media, HP Everyday Blockout Display Film, provides a three-layer construction for improved suppleness and superior lay-flat properties, and is also 100 percent opaque to prevent show-through.
More information about HP Latex printers is available here.
- March 2017: Global Large-Format Printer Market Shows Healthy Gains; HP Remains Leader
- September 2016: New HP Latex 315, 335 and 365 Wide-Format Printers, Backlit Fabric
- June 2016: IDC: Large-Format Printer Shipments Up Slightly in 1st-Quarter 2016; HP PageWide, KIP Printers Said to Drive Growth
- May 2016: HP Adds New Latex Series Large-Format Printers for Sign and Display Printing
- May 2015: New HP Latex 3500 and 3100 Latex-Ink Production Printers and HP Scitex 17000 Corrugated Press