HP Shipping A3 LaserJets, PageWides, as it Begins Bold Venture into A3 Copier Market
Security and Cloud-Connectivity
HP says the new MFPs are embedded with the most advanced security features available on the market, and which are necessary to combat the growing number of threats targeting business MFPs. The firm notes that modern MFPs now behave more like PCs, and that less than two percent of the world’s hundreds of millions of them are properly secured. HP’s enterprise-class MFPs are also said to incorporate a comprehensive suite of security features that protect devices, data and documents, creating a layered security approach needed to combat advanced attacks.
HP’s portfolio of A3 MFPs – that include three PageWide color-inkjet platforms and 13 LaserJet platforms – also feature new, cloud-based proprietary service-optimization platform, HP Smart Device Services (SDS). SDS is said to provide maximum device uptime by integrating advanced diagnostics, device-specific troubleshooting ,and remote remediation capabilities into the industry leading MPS tool sets resellers use today. Ultimately, because the MFPs are said to be more reliable, HP has said they will simply require fewer service interventions – reducing resellers’ service costs, and improving their profitability.
The HP PageWide Pro devices are said to feature much-more affordable color printing, and with printer and MFP models featuring print speeds of from 35 to 60 ppm (up to 80 ppm in General Office mode).
HP also notes that PageWide’s inkjet-printing technology is also more eco-friendly, as it consumers up to one-seventh the energy of competing color laser machines in the same class. Because they have fewer consumables to replace compared to laser devices, they also have significantly less packaging waste
HP’s A3 MFPs are available through qualified channel partners. For more information and complete specifications, visit HP here.
- February 2017: HP CEO Dion Weisler: Strong Revenue Growth for MPS, Graphics Printers, Sprocket Mobile Printer in First Quarter
- December 2016: PrintFleet to Incorporate HP Smart Device Services into Printer-Monitoring Solutions
- December 2016: Samsung Provides More Key Info on HP’s Acquisition of its Printing Solutions Group
- December 2016: HP Redesigns MPS to Protect Networked Copier/MFPs, Printers Now Pre-Configured for Security
- September 2016: HP Simplifies Partner First Program for Reseller Channel, Expands Marketing Resources
- September 2016: A Closer Look at HP’s New LaserJet and PageWide MFPs Said to Feature Better Reliability, Monitoring, Security, and More
- March 2016: New HP 75-PPM PageWide Inkjets; New Officejets, LaserJets; A3 PageWide Copier/MFPs on the Way