Big Changes Afoot at Ricoh, Calls for Shifting Direct-Sale Customers to Dealers
This week, Ricoh USA announced new organizational changes – see announcement below – including an announcement that appears to indicate that Ricoh USA will be transferring many of its direct-sales customers to Ricoh dealers: “As we further utilize our RFG (Ricoh Family Group) dealer network and transfer SMB customers to dealers in specific markets, every RFG dealer in every market will become Ricoh’s mid-market player for generating new business. That is a significant growth opportunity for all RFG dealers.”
The announcement also comes in the wake of a Ricoh Company (Japan) announcement in February 2017 that it was eliminating the position of CEO and chairman for Ricoh Americas (see story here). In February 2017, Ricoh Company also appointed a new president and CEO, Yoshinori Yamashita.
Following is the Ricoh Americas announcement this week:
“We are making bold changes in the United States, which align with Ricoh’s new global vision and structure. This week’s changes within the U.S. will make it easier for our customers to do business with us.
We are creating three distinct, focused business channels:
1. The Enterprise Channel will support our largest enterprise and global customers with a laser focus on the delivery of sophisticated, more complex services to help grow their business.
2. The Commercial and Industrial Printing (CIP) Channel will operate in five highly specialized focus areas: Graphic communications; Cutsheet, Inkjet and Wide format; Enterprise; Public sector; and Software.
3. Our Small and Mid-size Business (SMB) Channel will utilize our strong Ricoh Family Group (RFG) Dealer network and our U.S.-based Inside Sales channel to better support this customer base. Both have strong knowledge and expertise to support and expand the SMB business through a more competitive, higher efficiency model.
These changes are a testament to our commitment to the Ricoh Family Group (RFG) dealers. Our network of dealers is the strongest in the industry, and their proven results of providing superior customer service are unparalleled.
Our dealer organization will continue to be led by Jim Coriddi, and Jim continues to report into Peter Stuart, Executive Vice President, Office Solutions Business Group. We will continue to focus on being the number one dealer provider – for all of our dealers. Today’s activities take this commitment to an unprecedented level in our industry.
As we further utilize our RFG dealer network and transfer SMB customers to dealers in specific markets, every RFG dealer in every market will become Ricoh’s mid-market player for generating new business. That is a significant growth opportunity for all RFG dealers.
Ricoh is extremely excited about the dealer business in 2017 and beyond, and will continue to work with our valued dealer network to expand our business together.”
- March 2017: Ricoh USA Expanding its Offices in New York City
- March 2017: Ricoh Takes a Look at Its Advances in High-Speed Inkjet Printing
- March 2017: Auto-Maker Daimler to Install Ricoh Rapid-Prototyping 3D Printer
- February 2017: Ricoh Revamps Leadership at Ricoh USA, Eliminates Ricoh Americas CEO Position
- January 2017: New CEO and President at Ricoh as Company Seeks to ‘Tackle Decline in Office Printing’