RJ Young Acquires ACS Technologies, Expanding Reach in Alabama
RJ Young, which is one of the largest independent office-equipment dealers in the United States, announced today that it’s acquired ACS Technologies, Inc., a privately owned office-equipment dealer, for an undisclosed sum.
Founded in 1975, ACS Technologies has serviced the greater Birmingham, Tuscaloosa, Montgomery, and Selma areas. The acquisition of ACS Technologies is said to further widen RJ Young’s footprint in Alabama.
“This deal brings RJ Young together with one of the largest office equipment dealers in the state of Alabama,” said RJ Young President and CEO Chip Crunk. “The ACS team has grown a fantastic business and an impressive network of customers. Customers will benefit from the expertise and service for which we are known.”
All sales and service employees from ACS Technologies will remain in Alabama to continue support and service for customer accounts. These employees will join RJ Young’s more than 520 employees.
The acquisition closed on March 28, 2017, and RJ Young’s Chris Clark has been appointed as regional sales manager for the Alabama territories.
RJ Young specializes in document-management solutions, managed print services, IT services, and office imaging. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, RJ Young has been in business for 61 years and has over 520 employees in over 20 sales and service locations across six states.
- August 2015: RJ Young Acquires Advantage Business Solutions in Tennessee
- November 2014: RJ Young is Samsung’s 2014 Dealer of the Year; More than Doubled its Samsung Sales
- July 2014: R.J. Young Gets Ricoh Direct Accounts in Florida
- February 2013: RJ Young Signs up to Sell Samsung Printers and MFPs
- February 2012: Ricoh Sells Four Direct Branches to RJ Young