Canon Introduces imageFORMULA ScanFront 400 Scanner with Beefed-Up Security Features
Canon U.S.A. today introduced a new configuration of its imageFORMULA ScanFront 400 network document scanner introduced last September. The new configuration, called the ScanFront 400 Common Access Card/Personal Identity Verification (CAC/PIV), features new beefed-up security, and is especially aimed at the public-sector and government, which tend to require enhanced security for their document scanning. Canon says the ScanFront 400 CAC/PIV is appropriate for those institutions that regularly handle sensitive and classified materials, such as the United States Department of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
The imageFORMULA ScanFront 400 CAC/PIV scanner allows for use of Common Access Cards (CACs), typically issued by the United States Department of Defense, and Personal Identification Verification (PIV) cards through a special card reader to manage access to the device, as well as required password entry for physical usage. The device also allows for document data encryption to be sent via email. as well as the ability to apply digital signatures with non-repudiation for further security.
The imageFORMULA ScanFront 400 CAC/PIV scanner is rated at up to 45 (simplex)/90 (duplex) images per minute (ipm), and can scan plastic identification cards, passports, and long documents. The scanner features Auto Color Detection, and users can pre-program repetitive tasks, as well as send information simultaneously to a variety of locations, including e-mail, shared folders, and FTP servers.
It also features a larger color LCD screen from the device’s predecessor (10.1 inches), that can be used to preview scanned documents to help ensure that images were captured correctly. The device includes three USB ports for enabling customers to connect the necessary CAC/PIV-compliant card reader.
The USB ports also provide users with the ability to connect additional USB peripherals such as keyboard and mouse. It also features a built-in Kensington lock slot to help protect the device itself.
The Canon imageFORMULA ScanFront 400 CAC/PIV is now available to customers and through Canon authorized dealers.
- February 2017: New Square 9 ECM Software Now Available for Canon Document Scanners
- November 2016: New Canon ScanFront 400 is First EPEAT Gold-Rated Document Scanner
- October 2016: Canon Previews New Solution for Integrating imageFORMULA Document Scanners with Salesforce
- September 2016: Canon to Preview New Network Document Scanner, the imageFORMULA ScanFront 400
- September 2016: New Canon Therefore Online SMB Information-Management Workflow Application with Simpler Setup
- June 2016: Canon Introduces Next-Generation of Therefore Document-Workflow Solution
- May 2015: New Canon imageFORMULA DR-C240 Scanner Designed for Mixed-Size Documents
- March 2015: New Canon Scan-tini Portable Document Scanner with Scan-to-Cloud
- February 2013: New Canon Production Scanners, imageFORMULA DR-G1130 and DR-G1100, Scan at up to 130 PPM